Sign in to follow this  

It felt great to build something winter and castle again! This was an entry for the miscellaneous category of the Colossal Castle Contest. Special thanks to John for the main photo edit.

Small lodges are common in Alnya to offer shelter and supplies for the various hunters and adventurers often far from towns or villages. On this snowy morning, Rydel sets out with his two dogs for a fine day of hunting. There are several game trails nearby that he feels confident will result in a good harvest.

50779220897_47f8359189_c.jpg

50779222272_350ea24480_c.jpg

50779112086_16204c6f24_c.jpg

See more pictures on Brickbuilt.

It's crazy that your snow techniques are still improving at this point, but here is probably your best demonstration yet.  Love the use of horns and teeth, though I do wish the tree had more snow on it, given how thickly the ground is covered.  On the house, I love the subtle stepping inward of the walls at the base.

Love those stairs and the overhanging rock and icicles, SK!  The windblown tree and presentation are on point too! :thumbup:

Awesome job!  The lean on the tree and the snow covered stairs are spectacular.  Looks like a small one room cabin, but if this is just an outpost, I would think keeping such a place small would be ideal since it's less room to heat.  I like the railing and rocky overhang, too.  Makes me wonder what this looked like in the summer when the cabin was built!