Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB] Jack and Kate and the Scorpion

When last we saw Captain Jack Merker and his first mate, Kate, they had been captured by the Lotii. After months in captivity, forced to work in a textile mill in Oryant on El Oleonda, Jack finally found their chance to escape. In the harbor was a strange little vessel. It appeared to originally be a Carnovian cutter or small supply ship of some sort that the Lotii captured during their war. But the Lotii had replaced its spar and square sail with something from one of their junks, and added ornamentations all around, including a ballista on the fo'c'stle and lanterns on the stern. And it must have been repainted by two men working from opposite ends, as when the color schemes met in the middle, they did not match! It was an orphan of a ship tied up to the dock, and no one would miss it or pay it any mind. At least that's what Jack was counting on.

For disguises, Kate was able to appropriate some native clothing, and Jack replaced his usual tricorn hat with a hat set aside by a native worker. When the guard was distracted, Jack and Kate slipped away, down to the dock, untied the strange craft, and shoved off.

Kate armed the ballista...

kate.jpg

... and Jack manned the tiller ...

jack.jpg

... as they sailed out of the port.

Jack figured they would hug the coast and sail northwest, and then head across the open sea for Spudkirk. Could he and Kate avoid Lotus patrols and convoys? He had his doubts, but the strange little ship (which he and Kate had taken to calling Scorpion due to its figurehead) proved quite nimble. Maybe this would work out.

scorpion.jpg

-----

This is what happens on a rainy Saturday afternoon when I'm fiddling with boat pieces. This is a Frankenstein's monster of a boat, an unrealistic cross between the cutter from the Imperial Trading Post and the "Emperor's Ship," an old Adventurers set. But as I was fiddling with the mismatched pieces, I realized I had the vehicle (so to speak :pir-grin:) to get Jack and Kate back into BoBS. So please excuse my brief story and lack of any other substantial builds to flesh out the tale. They'll probably be recaptured in the MRCA, as is Jack's usual luck, but I prefer to resume this tale with a leap of faith rather than a done deed. And hopefully this is just what I need to start in on some MOCs to flesh out their tale going forward.

All C&C welcome.

Haha, an interesting cross over :pir_laugh2:

But it does the trick. Even without a story, you see this is some hybrid between Lotii and more 'Old Continent' vessels. So great job with this!

Interesting story. I like the sail with the dragon.