Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - Claim] Geo-Surveys Continue in Lavalette

Peace reigns across the Brick Seas, but "you know if you don't spend all the money they give you this year, you won't be able to get as much next year" says, Roy Messi as he loads up his pack. Having been hired as part of the strategic resources survey of Lavalette, he wasn't about to "stop" digging just because the war was over. As luck would have it though, they found a vein of something. Now he was off to get it tested.

171926109_3905001579565907_7976918238234428247_n

"Stay down in that hole! I better not be able to see the top of that gnarly head of yours when I get back!" Roy barked with a smile on his face. 

172074434_1192669211178134_6321159007658519312_n

Neither of the miners were sure if he was joking or serious. His smile seemed genuine enough, but could have just been about the backpack full of potential Roy was hefting down the hill back to Lavalette. 

173135946_1277064882690007_3969712099739808707_n

I really like the mine opening - nice work with the multiple layers of slopes!

Good construction from the first excavations. In addition, sympathetic miners at work.:pir-grin:

Another prospecting build! One might suspect you were looking for something! Hopefully you will be pleased this time; you have struck Quicksilver... aka Mercury!

Please don't forget to submit a license form for each prospecting build - prospecting costs 25DB for each 'claim' and unless you submit the form, I might forget to charge you! :pir_laugh2:

I hate prospect builds, but you did a good job with this!

Point of advice on this one, if you take an angled picture, make sure the sides of your MOC are finished as well. It is something I forget from time to time as well. In this case, it is a bit too bad you didn't took the time to make the left side of your rock work more solid.

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Please don't forget to submit a license form for each prospecting build - prospecting costs 25DB for each 'claim' and unless you submit the form, I might forget to charge you! :pir_laugh2:

Aren't we all looking for something... existentially? Deep I know (mining pun)... but also yes, I am... non-existentially... looking for something... in Lavalette.

Anyway, not just a build form but a license form for each prospect build? I am tracking 25 DBs per claim, but thought the build form tracked and the license form was only for the finished mine? Also, I thiught the prospecting build is not a "licensed property" just the completed mine? So want to make sure I'm doing this right. "License" prospecting builds AND "license" completed mines? But only completed mines count towards monthly limits?

Thanks! (I will learn eventually)

2 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

"License" prospecting builds AND "license" completed mines? But only completed mines count towards monthly limits?

Yes, that is correct... you can prospect as much as you like with no limits apart from DBs. The two forms are a hangover from when the sheets were calculated automatically - hopefully we'll eventually get there again but at the moment I do most things manually (hence the mistakes...) If there are any google/excel wizards out there with too much spare time, let me know!!!

4 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

(I will learn eventually)

and it's not you - the rules were super unclear and I suspect hadn't been touched since launch. I have re-written the mining section now to hopefully clear it up.