Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB] The Finch sets sail

With the war over, domestic concerns can return to cargo and trade instead of raising and transporting troops. And so another small island hopper is launched to ply the trade lanes of the Sea of Storms. Following in the wake of the Lark and the Sparrow is the Finch:

finch.jpg

The captain looks back at the port of Weelond receding on the horizon as he sets sail on the maiden voyage of his new ship.

finch-close.jpg

Nothing fancy here, just a build of another class 1 ship, a MOD of the cutter from the Imperial Trading Post set. This was a quick build to fill a rainy Saturday afternoon when other plans were cancelled. The sails did not turn out quite how I wanted, and rigging was problematic, so some of it has been added digitally. But this still makes for quite a playable little ship. All C&C welcome.

Nice little island hopper! I wouldn't want to be at sea for weeks in this ship, but seems like a nimble way to navigate shorter voyages across the Brick Seas!

Indeed a nice vessel to transfer small cargo. It has the 'Classic Pirates' feel all over it, so nice!

Small and well built ship. I like the sails and rigging.