Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolClimate

Alternative builds of 8064

No. I never had the parts. I suppose I could try it now. I do have those motors but not used them in a while.

H

9 hours ago, Lakop said:

No. I never had the parts. I suppose I could try it now. I do have those motors but not used them in a while.

H

Mine are working, but I'm not that good at building just based on a picture. Couldn't find instructions for these two either. Counting on you :-)

I remember reverse engineering them from my Control Center when I was a kid. I did not like them to much, but the "grabber" has a nice clutch mechanism, so I combined that with a few more parts from my Control Center and build a kind of "crane" with a grabber. It was large and cumbersome, but did in deed work. 

These models are however very simple by todays standards. Revers engineer them in LDD to se for your self if you lack the parts. They can easily be built from the pictures here, or you can get the instructions from lego.com.

-ED-

12 hours ago, Nazgarot said:

.. or you can get the instructions from lego.com.

-ED-

No, those models are not in the instructions, probably why the op is asking :wink:

I took the time to reverse engineer it again to give you a hand. A few parts are replaced with newer parts as they do not exist in LDD. Some others are recreated from other parts and gathered in groups.

I only did the crane as the claw is a lot easier and I wanted you to have some fun as well. :wink: 

Reverse engineering others models in LDD is kind of a hobby for me. Hope it helps.

8064_crane_reverse_engineered.png

Model can be found here as soon as Brickshelf has approved it:

https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=582552

Regards

_ED_

Edited by Nazgarot
spelling

On 4/18/2021 at 2:57 AM, Nazgarot said:

I took the time to reverse engineer it again to give you a hand. A few parts are replaced with newer parts as they do not exist in LDD. Some others are recreated from other parts and gathered in groups.

I only did the crane as the claw is a lot easier and I wanted you to have some fun as well. :wink: 

Reverse engineering others models in LDD is kind of a hobby for me. Hope it helps.

Wow, that's great, I'll let you know as soon as I give it a try. Just finished 21322 and the next step is converting it to the ship :-)

:thumbup: 

Let me know if you need any more help.

PS: Reengineering in LDD is a good way to learn building techniques in a cheap way. You could even search up building instructions for old technic sets on lego.com and build from those. Quite a learning experience.

_ED_