Anonknee Muss

Random people keep following me?

I've noticed a surge of random accounts (all less than 24 hours old) that start following me. Is it the same person trying to spam Eurobricks or something? Anyone else had this issue?

Yes, same here, many of which are already marked as "Banned Outlaws" :pir-skel::pir-grin:

Best
Thorsten

If you don't want them, you can stop people following you.

23 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I was thinking my popularity was rising

:pir-huzzah2:

Cheers!

Best wishes
Thorsten

The same thing is happening to me ... after years of silence at least five followers in a couple of weeks ... I'm curious about the usefulness of this practice :hmpf:

On 4/12/2021 at 1:06 AM, Robert8 said:

And here I was thinking my popularity was rising lol

Who wouldn't think so, at least once? :laugh:

9 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Who wouldn't think so, at least once?

Hee hee ... well ... I thought so too ...

Well, we need more conspiracy theories here. So here we go: When the forum software was upgraded the last time, a new feature became available: The "Do make Users Happier" (DUH) Forum app. This app randomly selects users with notoriously low follower count. As there are strict forum policies regarding user management, that app can create new users, but then has to keep the active fake user number count low to not get in trouble with - uhhm - lets say ... Bill Gates! After creating a new user, it waits for a random time (about days half life), then declares these as "banned outlaws". So all is good with regard to policies -  and with dumb users as me - believing they are kicking butt. BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE!

Win - win!

Cheers:pir-huzzah2:

Thorsten 

2 hours ago, Toastie said:

Well, we need more conspiracy theories here

DUH? ... this technology was secret ... how is it possible that it has already been discovered? It was to be revealed only in the second half of 2021 ... we are compromised!

Cheers :pir-huzzah1:

LT12V :wink:

On 4/11/2021 at 11:33 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

I've noticed a surge of random accounts (all less than 24 hours old) that start following me. Is it the same person trying to spam Eurobricks or something? Anyone else had this issue?

Yes - It is someone named Helge, who keeps creating accounts and posting spam (and, most recently, unhinged tantrums): 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:49 PM, JintaiZ said:

That is Helge Myhre with more than 25 (banned) accounts. He is also spam following me.

Disregard his birthday, and his posts are pure advertising so they have been deleted.

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

On 4/12/2021 at 7:06 AM, Robert8 said:

Same!

And here I was thinking my popularity was rising lol

Hahaha!

This is so funny, I was thinking the same thing, but obviously who are we kidding.... the bots? :laugh:

On 4/16/2021 at 6:10 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yes - It is someone named Helge, who keeps creating accounts and posting spam (and, most recently, unhinged tantrums): 

Thanks for the info.

I just turned that feature off - too much crap.

Well, this is how it is, nowadays - when the sh*t hits the fan.

Best
Thorsten

I started to notice so many random users viewed my profile recently. Thankfully, I didn’t allow all users to follow me.

Yes it is all the same person being discussed here:

The banning methods that remove all posts and clean up the forum mess do not remove the spammers from your followers list. So, unfortunately it's popularity but of the wrong kind!

Just found this thread.  Nice to know I am not alone.  For me it is not the bots, but rather a certain banned user that will not be named....

But he has 16 - SIXTEEN! - VPN's, so he'll be back to love us soon again :kahuka:

On 5/5/2021 at 4:32 PM, 1974 said:

But he has 16 - SIXTEEN! - VPN's, so he'll be back to love us soon again :kahuka:

That's where years of building Lego army comes into play. We must defend Eurobricks main gates at all costs! :pir-devil:

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It's happening today again

I do have to say I've had a good laugh seeing all the posts on an otherwise stressful work day. Not happy to see all the spam happen, but at least this lightened my mood.