Sign in to follow this  
spaceman76

The Muddy Wiskah Bog

Deep inside a forrest, by the edge of a muddy bog, stands The Kings outpost tower. This is The Kings way of making sure that no one passes without permission.

Now the build itself features many techniques and styles, to make it look as natural as possible. I like autumn colors, because it make the feeling more rough and wast. 

The start was pretty basic, building the landscape base, making sure of the size. Next was the rock and how the elevate it to make the bog fit underneath. It worked pretty good, because i build the bog in an hidden box with wedge edges, so the bog is in an angled position. The tower pillars and arches was very important, because I wanted to tower to be above the bog. Moving on to the tower on the gate door. First i didnt plan on how they would enter the tower, so I rebuild the entrance part, adding the curved staircase. The staircase is build up with a 2 layred beam of swivel hinges, mounted on brackets by the top and end. The door frame is also snot build with brackets to make the archway around the door fit as tight as possible. The wooden door frame detail is chain links, and is only resting on top of the door. Finally moving on with tudor houses and the final walls leading towards the top. Please enjoy and comment if you like. 

51108817603_ceacb54aef_b.jpgThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah BogThe Muddy Wiskah Bog

Edited by spaceman76

Awesome build.  I really like the way you did the arched stairway, looks fantastic.  The arches at the bottom of the tower look great with the dark grey and the light grey behind.  The texturing of the tower is nice and the wooden parts give a nice pop of color.  The bog is great, I like the inclusion of the gears as plant pieces.  The rock work has some great layering of colors to show the different strata of the rocks.  Just wonderful  work here.  

This is a great build with wonderful landscaping and excellent techniques and details throughout, but all the weight of that stone tower is going to sink pretty quickly into the bog if it's concentrated on those two narrow points where the arches meet the ground. 

This is fantastic such great details, interesting techniques and colours combinations, is very eye pleasing.
I only have two points of criticism: would have prefered the arch of the bridge a little less pronounced, and maybe the black roof
could use a more thicker columns to support it.
In any case a wonderful build that is very good. Thanks for sharing. :)