ParmBrick

[GBW] - Side - Plighia - An Hard Decision

An anonymous call reached the switchboard at the Echo Sierra base, in this call, someone claimed to be a member of the Brotherhood of Soalon, and that they intended to partner with the PSIC, revealing the movements and intentions of the BS as the conflict went on, practically an inside man, playing the spy, playing the double game. This was not taken seriously initially, but the character on the phone revealed information regarding the meetings that took place between the BS leaders and some foreign military factions, who made contact with the Nomads, giving some very famous names, which a civilian normal could never know. The man on the phone stated his intention to meet with some PSIC representatives to reveal his intentions to them. The call was intercepted at a public telephone across the western river, somewhere in Nalans, therefore in full enemy territory. A meeting point is set, somewhere along the western river, in the occupied territories, he would have waited for them in a recently abandoned cottage, the day after.

It was decided to send a patrol of the Rats Team One, under the command of the Cpt. Parms.

Cpt. Parms: "This should be the place indicated ... There are no other farmhouses in this quadrant, if not further south, but they are still occupied territories. Beware it could be a BS trap"

51106538662_4d506cc3b2_c.jpgGBW Reloaded - Side - An Hard Decision by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Anonymous BS terrorist: "I've been waiting for you, you're half an hour late."

Cpt. Parms: "We know, but we took the long lap and checked that it wasn't a trap. Come out, we want to see you."

51107892355_24df41c1e3_c.jpgGBW Reloaded - Side - An Hard Decision by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Anonymous BS terrorist: "Here I am, I am unarmed, and there is no one else, as agreed. Sorry if I keep the mask but I don't want to be identified, I have to remain anonymous, nobody has to know that I'm cheating on the BS, and nobody has to recognize me, if they ever followed me."

51106539067_2890b22c32_c.jpgGBW Reloaded - Side - An Hard Decision by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Cpt. Parms: "I understand. So what is this story? Why do you want to betray the BS? Because we? I hope it's not a hype to test our skills again as happened a few weeks ago. And by the way, how can you be sure no one has followed you this far? "

Anonymous BS terrorist: "it was an hard decision to make, the BS have personally disappointed me, just as they have disappointed a good chunk of the population of Soalon. Their terrorist actions have put our country in a bad light internationally. We did not want the civil war that led to all this, we did not want this crisis to lead to terror. Now that the BS have occupied the dam in Ramaz, many civilians fear the dam is in danger and fear for their lives. Not to mention the illicit trafficking that finances the BS, and which sees exploitation and intimidation. I want to do my part, for my family, which deserves a better future. This is why I chose you, PSIC, I believe in democracy and freedom, I believe that your political philosophy is the only one that can be reconciled with the future of this country. Nobody followed me this far, I was very careful, and I changed clothes more than once, always keeping my face covered, as well as changing vehicles as many times. Plus, I've come a long way to get here. And if they had followed me, they would have killed me already."

Spec. Reaper: "All nice words, but we want facts. You've already shown you know some BS backstory, but we need to trust them even more."

Cpt. Parms: "Spec. Reaper he's right, it may be a dangerous game for us to cooperate with you blindly."

Anonymous BS terrorist: "Well. Here is a map that BSs use in this region, there are important places and crucial nodes for their movements and organization. You can have it and study it as much as you like, you will find it very useful. Even if they catch me, at least this map and the information I'm about to give you will be worth the effort. I warn you of future action by the BS against you: they intend to cut the communication routes to Nalans, and make it even more difficult for you to continue east, they want to blow up the bridge to Nalans in F2, while you pass it. Be careful, they are already organizing well, I recommend caution."

51107892730_521a575ca9_c.jpgGBW Reloaded - Side - An Hard Decision by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Cpt. Parms: "Interesting. How do we keep in contact at this point?"

Anonymous BS terrorist: "I'll make myself heard, I already have your switchboard number. I will be recognized by the code name "Logan", do not be surprised if you intercept these calls from the occupied territories, I will call from the public lines, in such a way that it cannot be intercepted by my companions, where I will be on a mission. I will reveal to you when I can about every important decision of the BS and their movements. It is not certain that one day we will meet again, perhaps in other unpleasant situations. Sorry but I have to go now, my absence for so long could lead the BS to discover my game. Godbye."

51107011053_b4d2a06dd5_c.jpgGBW Reloaded - Side - An Hard Decision by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Spec. Reaper: "Can we really trust he, Cap?"

Spec. Mode: "I don't know, but this map marks many important places, and our current locations. It looks very well done and convincing, I don't think it's fake."

Cpt. Parms: "I believe him, the information he gave us on the phone was verified by intelligence and turned out to be 100% true, this map, and the way he spoke, his eyes. In my opinion, it's worth a try. The litmus test will be the bridge, the movement of troops on it will happen in days, now we will keep an eye on it more carefully, now let's get together with the others."

1 hour ago, SATSOK said:

nice one :)

Thank you! I wanted to tell this episode to be able to fill in those "plot" holes that are created when you go and tell about the Brotherhood of Soalon and what it does: how can PSIC and KLR learn about everything that BS does both in the occupied territories than in their own? I do not imagine myself as an omniscient god who, seeing the other mocs from the outside, manages to regulate his actions according to the news I see. I want this reality to be absent in my story, and to explain the fact that PSIC knows everything about everyone, not as "divine intervention", but simply as the result of the work of its own intelligence, the media, possible spies, occurrences, as in true life.

11 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

Thank you! I wanted to tell this episode to be able to fill in those "plot" holes that are created when you go and tell about the Brotherhood of Soalon and what it does: how can PSIC and KLR learn about everything that BS does both in the occupied territories than in their own? I do not imagine myself as an omniscient god who, seeing the other mocs from the outside, manages to regulate his actions according to the news I see. I want this reality to be absent in my story, and to explain the fact that PSIC knows everything about everyone, not as "divine intervention", but simply as the result of the work of its own intelligence, the media, possible spies, occurrences, as in true life.

I think it is great you thought about this. Nice build btw, my favorite detail is the little planter patch next to the building.

8 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

I think it is great you thought about this. Nice build btw, my favorite detail is the little planter patch next to the building.

Thank you! I hope others follow my lead and explain how they learn about the game information as it progresses. I am curious now to see the response of the BS to my "provocation". Rest assured that I will also find a way to explain how I become aware of the KLR movements at this point. :wink:

3 hours ago, paintballman said:

I always enjoy a well-written story! :thumbup:

Glad to hear that, it has always been my goal! :sweet:

3 hours ago, sigpro said:

I like it!

Thank you very much! Let's take the game to a higher level of narrative!:wink: