Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Brick

Star Wars - Nano-Scale Fighters ~early 1990s

I'm currently sifting through my old childhood Legos that I recently picked up from my parents attic and I came across some of the "MOCs" I did back then. Obviously there were no Star Wars Licences in the late 1980s / early 1990s, so I had to build my own stuff which in this case were tiny little Star Wars fighters...who knew that the genre of nano fighters would become a thing decades later.

Of course my designs weren't as elaborate and detailed as some modern designs are, but I was a kid, there weren't as many different slopes and special parts back then, there weren't any examples that could have given me inspiration plus I had to work with what I had. So given all those constraints, I do give my younger self some points for ingenuity.

800x600.jpeg

From left to right: X-Wing, Y-Wing, Millennium Falcon, 2 x TIE Fighters, 2 x TIE Interceptors, TIE Bomber + TIE Advanced

Edited by Tom_Brick

Perfect! Absolutely no need to caption that picture, easily recognisable :thumbup:

Shouldn't this topic be moved to Technic Theme? To show the people "over there" what nice builds you can do with technic parts even they are from classic time of technic...

30 minutes ago, Mr Ogel said:

Shouldn't this topic be moved to Technic Theme? To show the people "over there" what nice builds you can do with technic parts even they are from classic time of technic...

It's of star wars vehicles, so it works in the star wars theme as well.

I was able to tell what all of them were (except the tie interceptor) before reading the caption, so points to child you! 

I dont't know honestly... the millennium falcon certainly is interesting and instantly recognizable, It is a cute build on its own and you even snuck an interesting technique using old technic bush on a stud, a connection which is not possible with modern bushes.

Take the Falcon away though, and everything else loses context and becomes random bunches of technic pieces. 

So I don't know. It is either genius or a little bit of a meh due to being too far into abstract builds. But thats just the bricks. What is important is that it is a valuable experiment on its own and I am glad you posted it!

Edited by Jerac

That millennium falcon even captures the essence of the exhaust ports! Crazy clever! :laugh:

Awesome little builds from child you! I'd have totally swooshed these around anywhere I went if child me had them! Love the fact we can easily tell what they are (well, mostly... Didn't figure the difference between the tie and interceptor nor the advanced, but it's obvious now I'm aware!) 

The imagination that has gone into these, definitely an indication of how good you were going to become with lego! 

Cheers everyone. If my child self were here today, I'm sure he'd feel great about the feedback. And yeah, I definitely did swoosh them around :laugh: