Yannis81

[MOC] Actual sailing Full-rigger - a MOC Ship that actually FLOATS on water! 🌊

Dear all
Simply wanted to get some feedback on the model below. Anyone else got some sea-worthy vessels, or is everyone tabletop lego-builders?

In general one can say that I've tried to stay true to the design and aesthetics of the Black Seas Barracuda (1988).
Trimmed to hard on the aft when not making way, but none the less calibration of hull is straight forward. This was the first actual sail test.
I've been considering building in an engine for remote control, but not as of now.

Glad if anyone else has some floating models to present, or other ideas.

Have a nice spring-
Yannis

Wow, that is really super. It is amazing, that you've built such a vessel, though just like any other Lego ship, sheΒ has balance problems, that can never be solved. I guess maybe you could try putting some more weight at the front, and as for the sides - maybe it should be wider. I'm not criticizing her, you've an amazing job on this vessel and I'm interested to see if there could be done some improvements in the future.:pir-classic:

thanks Jack.

Actually this poor trim is more due to the fact that I gave up calibrating becaus the 4 degree celsius water was getting to me. When she's goin' down wind she trimmed just fine, but when still in the water it looks not great. It's an easy fix i would say because there is movable steel at the keel.

I didn't use any glue, - just lego, string, bolts and wood - and steel at the bottom. My assumption is that she is unsinkable unless gusts of wind bringΒ the masts down.Β 

Maybe in the summer one could race the ship if there's 4-5 m/s.

Β 

Yannis

8 hours ago, Yannis81 said:

Maybe in the summer one could race the ship if there's 4-5 m/s

I would be settled for a V8Β engine.:pir-grin:

cool !!!! i have built ( and i am building ) islands on meg blocks baseplates that float, i have never seen a ship that floats, execpt for duplo and city hulls, that is very epic !!!!Β  40 cannons !!!! i would not want to be a pirate fighting that ship !!!!

Edited by valon

Hi Valon
Yes, I'm surprised that there's not other ships out there .. Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  I guess acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene lego plasticsΒ is not really ideal for ship building Β :pir-tongue:

40-cannons-worth was a head-ache to collect, but I had toΒ out-do a dear friend of mine who constructed an amazingΒ 38-cannon 3-master last year hha ha.

Edited by Yannis81

Amazing ! Excellent Build ! :pir-huzzah2::thumbup:

And it floats !

I've tryed myself at floating ships but only on smaller ones and using the actual floating hulls available in LEGO.

It's a difficult thing to have a well balanced and floating vessel !

I took the liberty to move your Topic in the MOC section of the Pirates Forum as it is a brilliant MOC too.