Sign in to follow this  
legonerd54321

[MOC] 36' Steel sided caboose

Here’s my most recent creation, although very basic. It’s a 36’ steel sided caboose. Not much history is known with this specific livery, and can only be seen on a few real examples. It comes with a full interior and hopefully lighting as well in the future. I had fun with this caboose and figuring out what livery to choose. 

Frisco 36’ CabooseFrisco 36’ Caboose

Frisco 36’ Caboose

https://frisco.org/mainline/2017/01/29/caboose-1108/ Link to one of the prototypes.

Very nice, both exterior and interior details!  Love the decals - they really finish it off!

Looks really good.

When you do go to light it up you could consider putting a magnetic reed switch and battery on the bottom of the caboose with a simple holding circuit using a transistor and capacitor to drive LEDs. With a magnet between the rails, it's triggered the first time it passes over the magnet and stays on as long as you want based on the capacitor value. I did this for the light on the end of an observation car and it works great. 

Really nicely done. The level of detail you have captured, both inside and out, is amazing. Is that electrical wire that you are using for the grab bars and ladder or is it all LEGO rigid hose?

Thanks guys for all the kind words.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:48 AM, CMF-1138 said:

Really nicely done. The level of detail you have captured, both inside and out, is amazing. Is that electrical wire that you are using for the grab bars and ladder or is it all LEGO rigid hose?

It's all rigid hose