Hi guys BrickHammer here,

as a part of my ongoing journey to build all the things I would have loved to build as a child, I have just created a Forestmen MOC on LEGO Ideas. I tried to capture all the classic elements of the old Forestmen sets while giving the whole thing a brand new look! I hope you like it!

I would really appreciate your feedback (and your support)! If you have any question about the MOC, the design choices or the building process, feel free to ask!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/1dab75ef-a79a-4dbd-ad63-8c9433be0c5c/comments_tab#content_nav_tabswebp

webpwebpwebpwebpwebp

Edited by BrickHammer

very epic !!!! i do not know if you know, but lego built another ideas called worldbuilder, were you can build a theme, all your sets are really great and maybe you could put them on worldbuilder and get them all built as a theme

18 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

This looks great! You have my support!

Thank you so much!

10 minutes ago, valon said:

very epic !!!! i do not know if you know, but lego built another ideas called worldbuilder, were you can build a theme, all your sets are really great and maybe you could put them on worldbuilder and get them all built as a theme

Thank you! Glad you like it that much! I haven't heard about "Worldbuilder" yet. Does it work just the same way that LEGO Ideas does?

3 hours ago, BrickHammer said:

Thank you so much!

Thank you! Glad you like it that much! I haven't heard about "Worldbuilder" yet. Does it work just the same way that LEGO Ideas does?

sort of, you build a theme, write a description put pictures of characters and places sets and things and lego picks one, lege has already bought one, but not a castle theme. There is no voting https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/

2 hours ago, Sarophas said:

Lovely design, fits very well with the original sets. Also supported :thumbup:

Thank you for your support! I am glad you like it!

Nice design.  I like that you have some newer techniques and yet it still looks like vintage forestmen.  

6 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice design.  I like that you have some newer techniques and yet it still looks like vintage forestmen.  

Thank you so much! Yes, I really tried to capture the feel of the old theme while still using some newer shapes and techniques. Especially the use of a rather old fashioned tree design was very important to me!

If you had instructions on this i would gladly pay for them on Rebrickable or wherever. I would build this this month.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:38 PM, sander1992 said:

That is an awesome build.

You've got my support!

Good luck on Ideas. :thumbup:

Thank you so much for your support!

13 hours ago, natesroom said:

If you had instructions on this i would gladly pay for them on Rebrickable or wherever. I would build this this month.

Hey man, great to hear that you want to try and build this yourself. Unfortunately, I think I am not allowed to give out the instructions of this build as long as it is still part of the LEGO Ideas voting process. Sorry :(

Edited by BrickHammer

You can give them out, just not sell them.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:00 AM, MAB said:

You can give them out, just not sell them.

Are you 100% sure? If yes, than sorry I was not aware of that! Great to know. Maybe I will keep that in mind and once I have some free time I will create some instructions for my builds. Even though I am not sure if they would be very helpful for people because I often use parts that do not exist in these colours. Perhaps my next MOC will only use bricks in the correct colours and will come with instructions :)

15 hours ago, natesroom said:

haha didnt even think about that, I was wanting to reward the guy with my hard earned cash.

I really appreciate that! Especially because creating instructions for this build would probably take a couple of hours since I have never done it before....

1 hour ago, BrickHammer said:

Even though I am not sure if they would be very helpful for people because I often use parts that do not exist in these colours.

Simultaneously the best and worst part of digital modeling.

I really appreciate that! Especially because creating instructions for this build would probably take a couple of hours since I have never done it before....

I've found you can knock out "ok" instructions really quickly in LPub, but that improving them from "ok" to "good" takes a lot of work.

Are you 100% sure? If yes, than sorry I was not aware of that! Great to know. Maybe I will keep that in mind and once I have some free time I will create some instructions for my builds. Even though I am not sure if they would be very helpful for people because I often use parts that do not exist in these colours. Perhaps my next MOC will only use bricks in the correct colours and will come with instructions :)

This is cut and paste directly from the rules:

You MAY NOT SELL ANYTHING related to your Product Idea.

You may share photos and building instructions free of charge on your own website and online profiles. However you may not sell building instructions, custom kits, or anything related to your product idea. We will remove product ideas without notice if we learn you are commercializing content submitted to LEGO Ideas.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:13 PM, MAB said:

This is cut and paste directly from the rules:

You MAY NOT SELL ANYTHING related to your Product Idea.

You may share photos and building instructions free of charge on your own website and online profiles. However you may not sell building instructions, custom kits, or anything related to your product idea. We will remove product ideas without notice if we learn you are commercializing content submitted to LEGO Ideas.

Alright that sounds great! I think I will just wait a bit and see how the project does on LEGO Ideas. Currently it looks like a lot of people seem to like it! If it does not reach 10k or LEGO does not approve it I can totally see myself creating instructions for it. But just as I wrote previously some of the parts I used do not exist in the right colours :(

On 4/23/2021 at 4:45 PM, elfprince13 said:

Simultaneously the best and worst part of digital modeling.

Yep! I agree 100%. I would love to build with actual bricks but I currently don't own any LEGO bricks that are not already displayed on a shelf. However, once you get used to it building digitially is almost as much fun as the real thing!