Ecclesiastes

CDC1 Tower: Saibankan

51101509277_d68cf33676_c.jpg

The Elven High Adjudicator oversees a new execution. The sacred tree Saibakan houses an ancient court. Here wanted creatures are put to rest. Often caught by Centaur Bounty Hunters. A perfect trade as the Centaurs are addicted to shrooms, which grow on the heads of former criminals...

51102387585_3e4f15b1ff_c.jpg

51101509562_d1a37706f5_c.jpg

51101493324_5138dc21e7_c.jpg

51101491904_e25a2f853f_c.jpg

51101410951_5642d68c2e_c.jpg

51101410566_752d1a08ca_c.jpg

51102388395_37b6775d7d_c.jpg

51101508762_422cbb439f_c.jpg

51102389165_39cd35a156_c.jpg

What a neat use of the new book cover tile!  The combination of dark red and dark green leaves looks brilliant too, and a really neat trunk technique!

Wow. *oh2* Now that is some composition. Excellent design and use of color. The tree trunk, the treetop structure, the staircase, it's all really cool. Fantastic.

Absolutely gorgeous build Ecc! The rounded shapes of the structure, stairs, and base all accentuate the graceful Elven style, and your color choices were spot on :wub:

Fantastic use of the large book and wing elements for the roofs too :thumbup:

Wow!  Great colors - but I love the shapes of the MOC best - especially the framed base.  Great entry!

"A perfect trade as the Centaurs are addicted to shrooms, which grow on the heads of former criminals..." is not a sentence I expected to read today, but I'm glad that I did!

There is so much to appreciate about the MOC itself. The story is great, roofing is creatively done (in all its forms), and the stairs/tree trunk are simple yet effective (sometimes builders "over-engineer" the latter), and I love the little touches like the archways and the brick trees.

Great work!

Love the design of this build.  The color choices are perfect.  The blue wing/flap pieces are a great visual effect.  The tree design is great and the foliage looks wonderful, the layering of the leaf pieces looks really good.  Are the torsos on the elf figs roman soldier torsos?  All the figs look great, the elf with half the scarred face is excellent and the centaurs with the orc torsos works really well.  

Really beautiful tower.  I love the dragon skulls, and your use of the sand blue and green with the foliage feels very elven to me.  You've packed a lot of detail in here with the sweeping staircase and the statuary, all of which is gorgeous.  Great job, and way to kick off the challenge!

Lovely build! I especially like all the various rounded shapes you've managed to capture here :classic:
The story is also very fitting for the "grayscale" approach to good and evil in GoH I like the best :thumbup:

(Are you also using fleshies for the elves, because I seem to recall you normally stick to yellows...? )

Wonderful details, great fig combinations, amazing tree, and spot-on color combinations. But what else could we expect from you?

Also, I'm very envious of your dark red leaves... 

Love this! The tree and house design is awesome, the colors are great and there are lots of neat details!