Sign in to follow this  
Stuartn

[Q16-Tatooine-CS] Introduction Part 1

*Your entry has earned 13 XP*

Hi all, this is my first post on factions, please let me know if I have titled this incorrectly.

This is my introduction for my character, Stu.

He grew up on Mos Greebla, a small settlement on the banks of Dune Sea of Tatooine, during teh early Imperial era. This place is located on the equator and is shielded by a mountain range, meaning the few monsoonal rainclouds are caught here, meaning it has moderate rainfall at some points of the year. This allows a few (planted) trees to grow. Because of the "idyllic" (by Tatooinian standards) scenery, it was a place where many traders on sand-skiffs would stop on crossings of the Dune Sea.

Main shot: on the banks of the Dune SeaIMG_8217

Stu had a job trying to peddle dehydrated water to gullible passing traders.

IMG_8207

Mos Greebla was a unique place, and trade wasn't easy. Imperial forces would patrol the planet, as it was a place where many Confederacy of Independent Systems members sought refuge.

IMG_8209

Again, I must stress, it was very unique place. We're still not sure what this local is doing.

IMG_8221

Passing business also included travellers. . .

IMG_8225

And Imperial forces. . .

IMG_8219

As well as traders.

On the banks of the Dune Sea

It was bustling little outpost.

IMG_8227IMG_8229IMG_8232

Though it was lonely.

IMG_8205

And at first chance, Stu left Tatooine to join the rebellion military, training as a medical technician, before joining Corellian Security following the proclamation of the New Republic.

Additional photos: 

Spoiler

Thank you for viewing and comments and ideas welcome.

Edited by goatman461

Great stuff! Love all the story shots and the work you put into the plot. Great techniques on the builds themselves too, those walls have great texture. 

Welcome to Factions! Glad you're here!

2 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

Great stuff! Love all the story shots and the work you put into the plot. Great techniques on the builds themselves too, those walls have great texture. 

Welcome to Factions! Glad you're here!

Thank you, it is great to be part of Factions.

I'm confused... Your story is taking place on Tatooine, but your entry says Devaron?

Other than that - really good first entry... ;)

53 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

I'm confused... Your story is taking place on Tatooine, but your entry says Devaron?

The last picture shows Stu on Devaron... I was about to make the same remark yesterday, but after carefully rereading the whole...

Just now, Professor Thaum said:

The last picture shows Stu on Devaron

Then this entry should be split into two separate submissions - one for Devaron and one for Tatooine.

2 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Other than that - really good first entry... ;)

Thank you.

I built this to end-up on Devaron. The amount of detail in the second build as a whole is close to the first part of the build, simply for better photographs I didn't include much else in this post. I also wasn't sure which planets would be best for the first part of the build, so I attempted to make the Tatooine scenes looks more forested and closer to Devaron. I was going to change the storyline so the first part of the build could've also been on Devaron , but then I wanted to avoid trying to alter Devaron landscape to be something its not.

Perhaps I might separate it into two builds, I'll just check which other planets the first part will suit beforehand.

Edited by Stuartn

2 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Then this entry should be split into two separate submissions - one for Devaron and one for Tatooine.

I have now split it up. Thank you for the advice, and I will repost an enhanced second part of the build soon.

The Tatooine build looks great! Love the name Greebla as a nod to greebling. Your flat rocks fit very well and have good texture. I like all your skiffs, though I think the brown and dark bley ones would be better off a stud or two above the sand using trans-clear pieces. The left side of the build looks good with the dark tan plates and tiles bleeding off into the sand. But the right hand side looks like you gave up on the effort. The tan plates could have benefited from a variation in height or some more of the dark tan plates sprinkled throughout.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

The Tatooine build looks great! Love the name Greebla as a nod to greebling. Your flat rocks fit very well and have good texture. I like all your skiffs, though I think the brown and dark bley ones would be better off a stud or two above the sand using trans-clear pieces. The left side of the build looks good with the dark tan plates and tiles bleeding off into the sand. But the right hand side looks like you gave up on the effort. The tan plates could have benefited from a variation in height or some more of the dark tan plates sprinkled throughout.

Thank you, I tried to think of a LEGO related word starting with E, to go with Espa and Eisley, but couldn’t and went with Greeble as it sounded best.

My original plan was to have a crashed X Wing on the right side of the build, so the plain light tan section would’ve actually added balance, but as I moved this build earlier in the imperial era I decided to drop that (pieces, or a lack thereof) also played a part. The brown skiff I kept lower as it doesn’t have a detailed underside like the grey one, but I see you point and I will add perhaps a tile or two underneath.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:38 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice build, I really like those rocks integrated into the landscape. The tree design is nice too!

Thank you

This not only looks great but really captures the narrative well. The people in the scene seem like they have real lives, especially the Ardennian for whatever reason. You used the faces and posing and accessories to craft the characters in a great way.

1 hour ago, starwarcam said:

This not only looks great but really captures the narrative well. The people in the scene seem like they have real lives, especially the Ardennian for whatever reason. You used the faces and posing and accessories to craft the characters in a great way.

Thank you, I started building this before the story sort of fell into place, so each minifigure got a lot of attention. Also, I wanted the area to still seem desolate and deserted, so I wanted to make sure there were as few figures as possible, hence each figure had to have a definite purpose in the build, and hence somewhat of a story developed for each. The Ardennian is inspired by an elderly gentlemen who lives in a small isolated town (albeit on a busy road) not far from here. On every occasion I drive past he is sitting on his verandah reading the newspaper. I wanted to sort of convey the same form of isolated yet independent lifestyle, being the person standing there while all of the humdrum and business went on around them, and I am glad it resonated.

I really like this entry - a lot of really nice details!

The sea of studs is maybe an area of improvement, but then again - making sand/desert is not super easy or fun..

Some details I like include; the large stone slabs, the speeders, the stone foundation, and the architecture of the small hut (nice doorway).

Great work!

1 hour ago, Darth Bjorn said:

I really like this entry - a lot of really nice details!

The sea of studs is maybe an area of improvement, but then again - making sand/desert is not super easy or fun..

Some details I like include; the large stone slabs, the speeders, the stone foundation, and the architecture of the small hut (nice doorway).

Great work!

Thank you, I am glad you like it