SleeplessNight

[MOC] Sabre Island Anno Domini 2021

Honestly, seeing this with the revised BSB makes me like it even more! :pir-love:

17 hours ago, Supersick_ said:

This is SO cool, do you have any plans for other Pirate theme MOCs? 

Yes, I do, but these plans sometimes collide with those of my wife so we need to be patient :pir-look:

Marvelous effort, Sleeple. The slopes make the tower look strong enough to withstand a bombardment. And the detailing finishes it nicely.

Posted (edited)

It seems that a Chinese company bought your instructions from Rebrickable and then used them to manufacture, mass produce and sell an illegal copy of your MOC, with Chinese quality bricks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002453068061.html

7vVnivm.jpg

This has happened before and is happening with increased frequency, as time progresses
And every time, the Chinese are moving forward with the copy implementation with even greater speed.

This also proves once more, in my opinion, that there is a significant demand in the Chinese and Asia market for LEGO Pirates.

And after all these, I'm positive that they also used the reversed engineered file of the LEGO IDEAS Barracuda Bay original submission, that some of us here in Eurobricks created a year ago, to mass produce and sell the original Barracuda Bay, with some small changes on their own due to being unable or unwilling to reproduce the base plate.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

4 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

This has happened before and is happening with increased frequency, as time progresses
And every time, the Chinese are moving forward with the copy implementation with even greater speed.

It's quite scary, to think that some of these Chinese manufacturers might be lurking EB MOCs as legitimate members.

6 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

It seems that a Chinese company bought your instructions from Rebrickable and then used them to manufacture, mass produce and sell an illegal copy of your MOC, with Chinese quality bricks.

That's just crazy!! It's flabbergasting how quickly they're doing this now.

I'm gonna sue them in a Chinese court :pir-huzzah1:

Well, congrats to anyone who buys it for $169, as you can easily have it in new Lego pieces for that price. It's 1440 pieces, mostly small and commonly available.