SleeplessNight

[MOC] Sabre Island Anno Domini 2021

Honestly, seeing this with the revised BSB makes me like it even more! :pir-love:

17 hours ago, Supersick_ said:

This is SO cool, do you have any plans for other Pirate theme MOCs? 

Yes, I do, but these plans sometimes collide with those of my wife so we need to be patient :pir-look:

Marvelous effort, Sleeple. The slopes make the tower look strong enough to withstand a bombardment. And the detailing finishes it nicely.

It seems that a Chinese company bought your instructions from Rebrickable and then used them to manufacture, mass produce and sell an illegal copy of your MOC, with Chinese quality bricks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002453068061.html

7vVnivm.jpg

This has happened before and is happening with increased frequency, as time progresses
And every time, the Chinese are moving forward with the copy implementation with even greater speed.

This also proves once more, in my opinion, that there is a significant demand in the Chinese and Asia market for LEGO Pirates.

And after all these, I'm positive that they also used the reversed engineered file of the LEGO IDEAS Barracuda Bay original submission, that some of us here in Eurobricks created a year ago, to mass produce and sell the original Barracuda Bay, with some small changes on their own due to being unable or unwilling to reproduce the base plate.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

4 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

This has happened before and is happening with increased frequency, as time progresses
And every time, the Chinese are moving forward with the copy implementation with even greater speed.

It's quite scary, to think that some of these Chinese manufacturers might be lurking EB MOCs as legitimate members.

6 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

It seems that a Chinese company bought your instructions from Rebrickable and then used them to manufacture, mass produce and sell an illegal copy of your MOC, with Chinese quality bricks.

That's just crazy!! It's flabbergasting how quickly they're doing this now.

I'm gonna sue them in a Chinese court :pir-huzzah1:

Well, congrats to anyone who buys it for $169, as you can easily have it in new Lego pieces for that price. It's 1440 pieces, mostly small and commonly available.

@SleeplessNight

Thanks for building this and sharing the brick parts and instructions.

I'm actually building this one. But i run into a problem in the roof. the point where the stairs reaches to roof-top. (grey-part)

Can you share more clear instructions on this part? If you check the instructions, the grey-part is not explained very well how to build.

2021-07-26_10-29-39.png

Edited by Amien

I'm in love with this set, if we were to get another Pirates set from Lego that'd cover the Blue Coats theme, I would SO MUCH prefer to get a building of this type rather than a Blue Coat ship.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:32 AM, Amien said:

@SleeplessNight

Thanks for building this and sharing the brick parts and instructions.

I'm actually building this one. But i run into a problem in the roof. the point where the stairs reaches to roof-top. (grey-part)

Can you share more clear instructions on this part? If you check the instructions, the grey-part is not explained very well how to build.

2021-07-26_10-29-39.png

Thanks for your feedback. I reviewed this part of the instructions and I think it's not too bad. This exact fragment is covered in steps 199 - 202.The whole element is then attached with two additional plates, as shown in step 203 - and this may be a bit unclear, because only the two plates are shown in the part list for this step, and not the whole submodel. I hope this helps!

[EDIT] There is something wrong with the tiles on top on your photo - see steps 205 - 207 for the right pattern. In this area it is especially important to exaclty follow the instruction, otherwise you won't be able to attach the slab.

Edited by SleeplessNight

@SleeplessNight

Thanks for your response. .. i got my instructions from Bricklink, Not rebrickable. Steps 199-202 in the Bricklink instruction show a different part of the model. This part in the picture is not described in the bricklink instructions at all. I will check out the rebrickable instructions. 

I finalised the model, and it's just GREAT! 

@SleeplessNight ... to support the MOC .. i just bought the instructions .. damn .. i build this thing based on the bricklink instructions. These bought instructions are MUCH clearer. I didn't knew they existed.

Dammit! I'm an idiot!

I did upload the model, so anyone could see it from different angles, but I definitely didn't want to upload the full instructions to BL :pir-oh:

Lol! Thanks for making me aware of it!

Edited by SleeplessNight

Ok .. glad to help out :)... i bought it after the build to support anyway.

2 items are hard to get:

* 3x2 nougat color (i have these now. They only appear in 1 set)

Minifigure, Utensil Wand (i still need to order those)

27 minutes ago, Amien said:

Ok .. glad to help out :)... i bought it after the build to support anyway.

2 items are hard to get:

* 3x2 nougat color (i have these now. They only appear in 1 set)

Minifigure, Utensil Wand (i still need to order those)

Thanks again :pir-laugh:

You're right about the 2x3 plates. You can generally substitute dark orange for nougat and vice versa, it will work just as well, it's only important that you do actually use both colors, not just one of them. Another particularly rare piece is dark orange 1x4 plate with two studs, I only had 4 of them and used nougat for the other 4 when I was building it and it looked ok.

I could use 4 dark orange and 4 nougat in the instructions (but not 8 nougat, as it would look dull), but I assumed as a rule of thumb, that it will be easier to collect 8 items of the rarer color than two different colors. I tried to use as few color variants of each brick as possible without compromising the looks, just to keep the inventory list shorter. Maybe it was the right approach, maybe not...

Edited by SleeplessNight

Hey there,

i just wanted to say, i love this MOC!! My Wife and me are on it to getting Parts for irt.

I just registered to ask you one question, maybe two! :D

1. When i transfer the List for the Past from Rebrickable to Bricklink, there are only 1438 parts instead of 1440. What are the Missing Parts. Maybe do you know it?

2. Is Bricklink the beste Site to get the Parts? Im on ~ 250€ everytime i try to get the Parts together.

Thanks a lot for this Moc!

image.png.d4d89dd51b913595963aa65dd8f47537.png

On 4/6/2021 at 10:27 PM, SleeplessNight said:

51075712536_1307306e1e_h.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what is the piece used for the base of that clock, and cannot wrap my head around it? Looks like some kind of frame? but how is that pearl gold piece connected there?

11 hours ago, zinnn said:

I'm trying to figure out what is the piece used for the base of that clock, and cannot wrap my head around it? Looks like some kind of frame? but how is that pearl gold piece connected there?

It's just made of 1x4 tiles attached to a sigle black 1 x 1 modified brick with studs on sides (so it's fragile but it's in the interior, so it's not a problem); and the gold plate is just attached to a "headlamp" piece. And of course everything sits on a jumper plate. The cabinets are actually more interesting :pir-sweet:

Edited by SleeplessNight