Piraten

[MOC] The Treasure - 10K LEGO Ideas Supporters achieved!

blogged.png

This MOC is inspired by the Danish designer Jim Lyngvild and his book about the royal line. Based on Christian the 5 coronation crown which is part of the Danish crown regalia and are exhibited at Rosenborg Castle.

It is meant to be easily recognizable via the light blue globe, as well as the shape with 8 diamond-studded hangers, and of course the large blue sapphire in the front!

Who wouldn't like to have their very own treasure made out of bricks!? Perhaps someone who plays princess or king with his own crown or the pirates where it is part of their hidden treasure... or the knights returning from a crusade and have to coronate their new king! This will make a fantastic display piece in any environment.

There are many more play options. It was an enjoyable build and many other LEGO collectors should enjoy this special build as well.

Contains approximately 4,000 pieces.

Hope you enjoy it!

untitled-8201

untitled-8220

SUPPORT HERE

blogged.png

Edited by Marooned Marin
Added supprot button

Just now, caiman0637 said:

Wow, I had to do a double-take. This looks incredible, and not at all like LEGO!

I didn't realize it was Lego at first either!  Now that you mention it...how do we know @Piraten didn't just steal the crown jewels from the Tower of London? :wink:

5 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

I didn't realize it was Lego at first either!  Now that you mention it...how do we know @Piraten didn't just steal the crown jewels from the Tower of London? :wink:

Some is Lego.. :) Other are 3D Prints. :) And some red velvet... And if I would steal it.. It would be from Rosenborg in Denmark. Inspiration is the crown of King Christian the 5th. https://www.kongernessamling.dk/rosenborg/object/christian-5-s-krone/

A lot of people tells me that they think its a real crown. 

2 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Wow, this is seriously impressive! Well done! I also had to look twice to confirm it's Lego.

It's  LEGO ;)  

And please remember to support on Ideas ;) 

Edited by Piraten

This reminds me of the Legoland life-size master builds that the Lego catalogs would showcase when I was a kid. Bravo!

Beautiful! :pir-love:

I have added another image to your first post.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:44 PM, JintaiZ said:

Beautiful! :pir-love:

I have added another image to your first post.

Thank you. And let me know if you need more info for the post you are preparing :) 

47 minutes ago, Piraten said:

Thank you. And let me know if you need more info for the post you are preparing :) 

He loves lots of information!

Did you put this on LEGO Ideas?

3 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

He loves lots of information!

Did you put this on LEGO Ideas?

No they dont allow photos of people on Lego Ideas. And have not tried with the photo of all the regalias... Don't think they will allow the 3d printed items.. But will try :) 

3 hours ago, Piraten said:

And let me know if you need more info for the post you are preparing :) 

More descriptions are always appreciated, if possible. :wink:

But I think your post looks pretty good for now. :thumbup:

my only constructive critique is the half circle jewel under the cross. It looks good so I'm not downplaying how well you did. However from the photos i could find its actually a full circle jewel unless i found the wrong photos. And the full circle does give it something noticeable when differentiating it between crown of different countries.

On 4/8/2021 at 7:55 PM, VaneStream said:

This is very impressive! I also really like that it's life-size.

On 4/14/2021 at 7:56 PM, natesroom said:

my only constructive critique is the half circle jewel under the cross. It looks good so I'm not downplaying how well you did. However from the photos i could find its actually a full circle jewel unless i found the wrong photos. And the full circle does give it something noticeable when differentiating it between crown of different countries.

You mean the lightblue globe on the top of the crown ? On the real crown its a full globe and not a half like I made it. But i had problems with finding more of the lightblue pieces. Had to look at the cost of the parts :) And on the real crown its not that big. So decided to go half also to tone it down.  

On 4/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, Stoertebricker said:

Is there even a foto with you having the crown on your head and the goblet full of wine? :pir-huzzah1:

Yes there is a picture....... :)  When It hits the 5.000 supports on Ideas i will maybe make a new photo  :) A drunk king with a lot of wine :pir-huzzah1:

12 hours ago, Piraten said:

You mean the lightblue globe on the top of the crown ? On the real crown its a full globe and not a half like I made it. But i had problems with finding more of the lightblue pieces. Had to look at the cost of the parts :) And on the real crown its not that big. So decided to go half also to tone it down.  

Yes there is a picture....... :)  When It hits the 5.000 supports on Ideas i will maybe make a new photo  :) A drunk king with a lot of wine :pir-huzzah1:

Yeah - Thats the only part i noticed, but even with that it's still very very good MOC.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, rock raider said:

Did you print that goblet yourself? I think it is so cool and now want one.

Someone i know 3dprinted the goblet, the coins and rocks, pistol and cutlass.