Sign in to follow this  
ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego VBA SuperAV

Hi comrades, today I want to introduce you to one of the new means of the Italian Army. The VBA (Veicolo Blindato Anfibio, in Italian) it's a amphibious vehicle producted of Consorzio Iveco - Oto Melara on the base of project VBM Freccia. The SuperAV (Surface Performance Amphibious Vehicle) is based on Freccia hull, but more raised than the latter to improve movement in the water. It's an armoured 8x8 wheeled vehicle, with high load capacities. 560 hp Iveco Cursor engine, 700km of range. This version mounts an remoted HITFIST OWS turret by Oto Melara: one ATK Mk44 Bushmaster 30mm main cannon; 7,62 mm coaxial machine gun, Janus optical system, 1 side compartment for 2 Rafeal Spike missiles, engagement systems, which allow it to operate both day and night, infrared (IR) systems, anemometer and laser rangefinder. In the event of a system failure, the turret remains operational and ready to fire via an optical aiming system. There are also 2 launchers with four smoke bombs each. The variants for the foreign market of this vehicle will be mainly adopted by the US Marines: the American model is known as ACV 1.1, by Iveco - Bae.

51099022912_8c8c4af1f4_c.jpg

51099007609_e513c853ec_c.jpg

51099022872_fd26d4c3ef_c.jpg

51099007669_005cc6a1cd_c.jpg

51099466853_16d8bab5a7_c.jpg

Other images on my flickr!

I am just getting into the hobby. But coming up to speed rapidly.  I discovered your work just the other day.  It is absolutely breathtaking in detail and experience with the subject matter.   Keep up the inspiring work. 

1 hour ago, kondor7001 said:

I am just getting into the hobby. But coming up to speed rapidly.  I discovered your work just the other day.  It is absolutely breathtaking in detail and experience with the subject matter.   Keep up the inspiring work. 

Thank you very much for the kind words!:blush: Hope to see your mocs soon!:thumbup:

On 4/9/2021 at 7:19 PM, French Man said:

Very nice vehicle mate!

Thank you!! It doesn't happen often, but sometimes the Italian army produces small masterpieces :laugh:

4 hours ago, SATSOK said:

:pir-love::pir-love::pir-love:

Thank you too! Always kindly :blush: I wanted to honor this vehicle, which from my point of view is representative of the Italian genius and Italian quality.

Very cool. The detail in the body is excellent. Love the detail in your post too - the context makes this that much more special. Great build!

16 hours ago, jordache said:

Very cool. The detail in the body is excellent. Love the detail in your post too - the context makes this that much more special. Great build!

Thank you, buddy! I always look for perfection in the reproduction of real models, then I look for the best context in which to insert them, equally realistic.