TheBeeze

April Giveaway!

About time we do a give away here, am I right?

Wanna win everything in this picture?

51097874903_031f8c228a_b.jpgContest Time! by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

Of course you do! 

Here are the rules:

1. Like our instagram page @great_brick_war and tag someone in the comments to check out our page.
2. Share the post to your story.
3. Submit a qualifying build for the month of April for entry. Each build counts for another entry but of course QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. If your builds don't get a PASS, your entry is void. 

Current existing player base is exempt from steps 1 & 2 but definitely encouraged to help build our player base.
Staff ineligible for prizes.

Questions? Ask away!

8 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Of course you do! 

Here are the rules:

1. Like our instagram page @great_brick_war and tag someone in the comments to check out our page.
2. Share the post to your story.
3. Submit a qualifying build for the month of April for entry. Each build counts for another entry but of course QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. If your builds don't get a PASS, your entry is void. 

Current existing player base is exempt from steps 1 & 2 but definitely encouraged to help build our player base.
Staff ineligible for prizes.

Questions? Ask away!

So we can enter builds we were working on anyway for both the game and the giveaway. I am glad to read the exempt as I don't have insta, but I do keep promoting GBW every single time I make a new build on Flickr.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

6 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

So we can enter builds we were working on anyway for both the game and the giveaway.

Every build you submit for the game counts towards the giveaway. Looks like you guys will have good odds, as not one person on instagram has commented on the post. 

4 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Every build you submit for the game counts towards the giveaway. Looks like you guys will have good odds, as not one person on instagram has commented on the post. 

Ah that is really cool, so basically everybody just keep making epic builds :excited:

Edit* obviously nobody responding to the insta is not very cool... nobody responds to my flickr builds either, I try to post my builds to as many different groups as possible to reach the largest possible audience.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Edit* obviously nobody responding to the insta is not very cool... nobody responds to my flickr builds either, I try to post my builds to as many different groups as possible to reach the largest possible audience.

We have over 800 Followers and get tons of likes but I'm unsure if people just don't really wanna join us or they think the game costs them money or something. 

47 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Flickr used to be a huge LEGO community. There were many serious storyline military games, I can remember over 6, and some of them had 2 or more seasons. Also there were some great builders and alot of awsome builds. People used to comment and discuss in most of the builds. Now, a big number of builders imigrated to Instagram, building there a new LEGO community. The situation on Instagram is similar to FlickR, but I believe that it is easier to succed, as the algorithm that regulates the operation of Instagram allows you to reach users that you never whom you would never be able to approach on FlickR. Just need alot of work

1 hour ago, paintballman said:

Flickr used to be a huge LEGO community. There were many serious storyline military games, I can remember over 6, and some of them had 2 or more seasons. Also there were some great builders and alot of awsome builds. People used to comment and discuss in most of the builds. Now, a big number of builders imigrated to Instagram, building there a new LEGO community.

Yea, I am sad to have missed the golden times on flickr tbh, I sometimes scroll through galleries of old builds (from between 2010 and 2015) and notice that almost always there are like 20+ comments, sometimes rude things are being said but mostly it's cool moc discussion and compliments.

1 hour ago, paintballman said:

The situation on Instagram is similar to FlickR, but I believe that it is easier to succed, as the algorithm that regulates the operation of Instagram allows you to reach users that you never whom you would never be able to approach on FlickR. Just need alot of work

Not sure about that, if you join all the various lego groups and post in those you should reach whomever is still an active flickr user right?

edit* on a side note, I would like to see a Lego specific platform grow and thrive, I am really interested in Blockheads, haven't joined it yet myself but something like that seems promising.

WE ARE THE BLACK SHEEPS ...

LEGO is a toy ... a huge % of lego lovers cant accept the fact that we PLAY war with something so fragile smooth and playfull made for kids ...

I agree with you all, in addition I add that the few who want to approach this world (Lego in the military theme), often do so by spending crazy amounts, when in reality the expenses are often and willingly contained, and can be contained, at least for the mocs. I can't see military mocs online that are sold at exorbitant prices, when in my opinion they are worth 10-20% less. Of course, there is no doubt that not all in the world are good at the same level, and therefore some are forbidden to build high-level mocs, but I see small manufacturers and sellers, in my opinion more sincere, floundering in favor of big brands, which sometimes offer better but often for the worse. In the end, even the prices that are found around the military-themed Lego, are able to drive away a good slice of the public.

2 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

I agree with you all, in addition I add that the few who want to approach this world (Lego in the military theme), often do so by spending crazy amounts, when in reality the expenses are often and willingly contained, and can be contained, at least for the mocs. I can't see military mocs online that are sold at exorbitant prices, when in my opinion they are worth 10-20% less. Of course, there is no doubt that not all in the world are good at the same level, and therefore some are forbidden to build high-level mocs, but I see small manufacturers and sellers, in my opinion more sincere, floundering in favor of big brands, which sometimes offer better but often for the worse. In the end, even the prices that are found around the military-themed Lego, are able to drive away a good slice of the public.

If we are talking Brickmania or something like that, I have 0 of their products, can't for the life of me afford/justify to spend 300 to 500 Euro's on a set that in terms of loose bricks on bricklink or some such might cost between 50 and 100 euro's at most.

For me I love Military / Sci-Fi / Post-Apoc / Punks (Cyber, Steam, Diesel etc) so I will just naturally be more interested to take Lego and use the Lego system to build something set in those themes.

3 hours ago, SATSOK said:

WE ARE THE BLACK SHEEPS ...

LEGO is a toy ... a huge % of lego lovers cant accept the fact that we PLAY war with something so fragile smooth and playfull made for kids ...

Yes exactly, a large amount of (Adult!) fans of Lego dissaproves of building in Military theme, this is from polls and forum threads that I have seen around the internet throughout the years... I used to be a TFOL who only built Castle but kept an eye on the above mentioned themes, now I returned to the hobby as a AFOL who lost most of his interest in Castle but finally has begun to build in all those other themes :sweet:

I have adertised the April giveaway a bunch of times, online and even to some builders I know IRL, the reaction in general is "oh that's really cool", but it doesn't seem to draw in any new members :sceptic:

The April turn was truly exceptional, we all gave a lot, all wonderful mocs! We all deserve to win the April giveaway in my opinion, that's why TheBeeze hasn't declared a winner yet xD

4 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

The April turn was truly exceptional, we all gave a lot, all wonderful mocs! We all deserve to win the April giveaway in my opinion, that's why TheBeeze hasn't declared a winner yet xD

My guess is that is trying to find a way to win ALL OF US :p 

lmao

5 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

True that :pir-huzzah2:

40 minutes ago, French Man said:

Well thanks guys didn't expect that :laugh:

But I don't really need this stuff so, if anyone really need these I give him/her my price @TheBeeze.

So, we could do a new lottery at this point, excluding French Man. This is just my idea, then TheBeeze will decide what to do.

2 hours ago, French Man said:

Well thanks guys didn't expect that :laugh:

But I don't really need this stuff so, if anyone really need these I give him/her my price @TheBeeze.

i think you are trying to "skip" the beers .... lmao :iamded_lol::rofl::roflmao: