Flak Maniak

Which swords will the Pirates of the Caribbean-era scabbard (95348) work with?

As the title says. I don't have any of this part on hand. It looks like it's designed to fit with the standard old-timey pirate cutlass. Can it also fit with standard katanas, or other notable swords?

It works also with a katana, but looks a bit off. Other swords simply do not fit (as far as I know), it was designed for cutlass wielding and looks best that way, though that doesn't forbid you to experiment with it and use for other swords.:pir-classic:

The sword of Gryffindor fits, but not well.
You can get the blade in but only as far as the ricasso, not all the way to the guard. So the hilt protrudes further than it should which looks funny.

68503pb01.png

The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit short sword (Sting) fits quite well. The gladius also works but doesn’t rest quite so snuggly.

If the regular katana fits as people say above, then I would expect these two blade pieces (from the Ninjago weapon multi-pack used in various sets in recent years) to work as well. Possibly more effectively than the standard katana, given its length. Don't necessarily take my word for it, though—I sadly don't have any of the scabbard/hilt piece to test with, so can't really guarantee your results.

Wait, the oldish longsword (second photo in your post) fits? I wouldn't have guessed! I keep wishing that designed-for-katana holders would fit that sword blade, and they keep not fitting it!

Well, I guess I'm off to BrickLink to get some of that scabbard, then.

Yeah the older and newer long swords fit great.

I too wish they could fit in the “designed-for-katana” scabbards but they don’t. Interestingly the Sword of Gryffindor does fit. 
05-A00581-B46-B-4-B19-A359-65-C95-BB0480