frumpy

[MOC] Farrador Castle

Hi All,

Here is a castle I built a while back but only recently took photos. It was originally part of a larger collaboration but I was able to convert the landscape so that it could be displayed by itself as well.

Thanks.

50964855403_204f1fce42_c.jpg

50964855818_ec904691c7_c.jpg

50964855933_766c3589fe_c.jpg

50964855193_69d98ae4b9_c.jpg

Edited by frumpy

Beautiful scene.
A couple interesting defensive works choices at the gate.
And a nice use of those cheese slopes as windowglass at the long wall of the castle's house.
Looks like this CMF wolfpack archer is a mainstay in all alot of your builds?

Great work here.  I really like the way you layered in some plates and hing pieces in the castle itself, really gives it a nice texture.  I like the way you did the roof with the 2 different colors gives off a great effect.  The balconies are designed really well and look fantastic.  The landscaping and rock work look good.  The entry way with the bridge is a nice touch.  Nice looking figs too.  Just curious how long did this take you to build?

On 4/5/2021 at 12:15 AM, caiman0637 said:

Amazing build, incredible detail! Just how long did it take to build this?

I had to rush this build for a lego event so was built in a week.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:53 AM, Black Monarch 88 said:

Great looking castle scene and build. Interior looks nice as well. 

Thank you.

On 4/5/2021 at 4:26 AM, GeoBrick said:

Beautiful scene.
A couple interesting defensive works choices at the gate.
And a nice use of those cheese slopes as windowglass at the long wall of the castle's house.
Looks like this CMF wolfpack archer is a mainstay in all alot of your builds?

Thanks. Yes, I’ve put that fig in a few builds now lurking around, always looking for trouble :)

On 4/5/2021 at 11:37 AM, zoth33 said:

Great work here.  I really like the way you layered in some plates and hing pieces in the castle itself, really gives it a nice texture.  I like the way you did the roof with the 2 different colors gives off a great effect.  The balconies are designed really well and look fantastic.  The landscaping and rock work look good.  The entry way with the bridge is a nice touch.  Nice looking figs too.  Just curious how long did this take you to build?

Yes, the extra plates and pieces in the wall add a good effect, although takes extra build time.

Took a week to build so was a busy week with building.

On 4/5/2021 at 6:02 PM, Sarophas said:

Simply amazing! Only downside is that it is inhabited by the filthy dragon knights :devil_laugh:

lol. I do like the colours. But in this case I didn’t choose as the castle was part of a collaboration and I had to do these guys as well as crusaders.

3 hours ago, frumpy said:

I had to rush this build for a lego event so was built in a week.

Thank you.

Thanks. Yes, I’ve put that fig in a few builds now lurking around, always looking for trouble :)

Yes, the extra plates and pieces in the wall add a good effect, although takes extra build time.

Took a week to build so was a busy week with building.

lol. I do like the colours. But in this case I didn’t choose as the castle was part of a collaboration and I had to do these guys as well as crusaders.

Wow was that a full week of just building or did you just do some hours every day?  Also do you keep your builds together for awhile or just for a little bit then break them down?

What a beautiful castle!  Did you originally build it for the Guilds of Historica?  I ask because it uses Avalonian colors.  In any case, I like the color scheme and the layout.  The landscaping is great, and I like the details with the stylized architecture and Tudor woodwork.  You do a nice job using the dark tan and olive to detail the walls without making them too busy.  Is there an interior to the towers?  Thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Wow was that a full week of just building or did you just do some hours every day?  Also do you keep your builds together for awhile or just for a little bit then break them down?

Just building at night after work mostly. Was a last minute build of the castle for a collaboration where another person had to pull out a couple of weeks before an event where we were displaying so I had to build this to fit in with the display. Having said that I enjoyed the build very much and was happy with the castle.

In terms of how long I keep builds for I normally keep them and show them at different local lego events (Sydney, Australia). After they've done a few events they get boxed up in the garage and left until I can be bothered pulling them apart of parts (sometimes years).

17 minutes ago, Grover said:

What a beautiful castle!  Did you originally build it for the Guilds of Historica?  I ask because it uses Avalonian colors.  In any case, I like the color scheme and the layout.  The landscaping is great, and I like the details with the stylized architecture and Tudor woodwork.  You do a nice job using the dark tan and olive to detail the walls without making them too busy.  Is there an interior to the towers?  Thanks for sharing!

This one wasn't built for GoH. I haven't built for GoH for years now, although I probably should get back into it at some point. I honestly don't build enough to keep up :)

Was great to see this in person on the weekend. Simply stunning, as was the whole collection of MOCs.

Waoh what a nice castle! Rellay awesome MOC, with a lot of details, textures and an original architecture! Great work!