Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - Claim] Thin Crust Geological Survey

Outside of Lavalette, on the island of Stéphanique, geological surveys continue. Although the surveys are being sponsored by the Beauchamp shipyard, the imperative to secure strategic resources if the peace talks fail, has become a communal effort. While the lead geologists from Admiral Beauchamp's team was off island, the crew found something interesting. With luck, the large RNTC contingent on the island had resident expertise in such subject matter and dispatched someone to the site immediately. 

167654667_349585879829282_7086263618420201719_n

Spring had sprung and flowers budded all around the hills of Lavalette. 

167948786_1192231541208439_1724208430368785949_n

Across the crew digging the pit, all could make their mark, but not one could be considered "literate." As the RNTC geologist arrived, one was describing a paranoid delusion... his firm belief that the planet was in fact paper thin beneath their feet. That columns of rock held up the land and it just so happened that they only ever dug into these columns... "Well, not the smartest bulb in the shed, but brave and tough enough to make a living in the dark of a mine." thought the geologist plastering as polite a fake smile as he could onto his face to hide is frustration to have been called out to inspect some hole in the ground. 

167895536_1331065367262153_1245232942519815202_n

"Simple fellows, I suppose I'll temper my expectations about this, 'SOMETHING INTERESTING' that they just NEEDED me to come see..."

167848889_1376506409399898_7152063462344096710_n

Fun colorful build, @CapOnBOBS! I like the two-tiered cross-sectional view

The last pic with bent tree and the minifig connected to it with a string initially reminded me of cartoons where somebody gets catapulted across a jungle by a snare trap :pir-grin:

Edited by evancelt

A very good idea to depict the geological survey with a palm tree as a crane aid and a hole from above.

It appears the philosophical prospector has actually struck a significant deposit of salt.  

16 hours ago, evancelt said:

catapulted across a jungle

12 hours ago, NOD said:

Good idea to depict the geological survey with a palm tree as a crane 

Ha! Seemed a fun thing to add, maybe not without occupational hazards.

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

struck a significant deposit of salt.  

Adds to the flavor! Thanks @Ayrlego