In his last letter to Elsabeth Stockton, Captain Brickleton had said he would need to stop writing for a short while but didn't explain why.

After a month of no correspondence, Elsabeth became worried and determined that she must travel to Wullham to discover why Brickleton wasn't in communication.

Following a long voyage from Belson, Elsabeth Stockton arrived in Wullham to find Captain Brickleton gone.

She had her servant place her belongings in a rented room at the town's luxurious inn and then traveled to Fort Stockton (named after her great-grandfather) to inquire after Brickleton.

At the fort, she cornered Lieutenant Bollford, who was in charge of the fort in Brickleton's absence, and wrung out of him that Brickleton was away in Terraversa on a secret mission of diplomacy in the hope of averting a war with Oleon.

Glad to know the truth but worried for Brickleton's safety, Elsabeth returned to the inn for a fitful night of sleep.

inn-1.jpg

Inn licensed as a medium artisan in Wullham

OOC:

Spoiler

inn-process.jpg

Wanted to try out @Kai NRG's colored water technique from her Cherry Blossom Fort build, so added in a little creek!

Built a 10 x 2 diagonal slope into the fence, but you can barely see it in the final build pic. Oh well.

Edited by evancelt

Looks good. I like the stream with the bridge. The house has beautiful decorations and a good roof construction.

6 hours ago, NOD said:

Looks good. I like the stream with the bridge. The house has beautiful decorations and a good roof construction.

Thanks! Yeah the stream was fun to put together - included lime, bright green, bright light blue, and medium blue under the medium blue trans tiles. Two frogs on the banks! The bridge was fun to build, threw together some clips, bars, and round bricks and then just lay it on top. The tree is connected together with a flexi-hose inside.

I approached the building with all sorts of plans for the ornamentation but then just "wung it" once I got started, adding more and more modified plates as the building got taller. I think it came together in the end.

1 hour ago, caiman0637 said:

Great build! I love the roof, and the stream looks great as well!

Thanks!  I had originally planned to use cheese slopes for the slate roof like on the Mayor's House, but that would have been 26 across x 20 vertical rows = 500+ pieces! I recently stocked up on those pieces, but that sounded too time intensive last night when I was building this out (the light was at the end of the tunnel!) so I went with shields instead - luckily had enough of those.

Edited by evancelt

53 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Very nice build! I like the fence as well as the overall shape of the inn.

Were the olive green plates in the roof intentional, like moss?

Thanks!

Yup, the olive green plates are meant to be moss. When offsetting those pentagonal shield pieces there is a 1x2 stud gap created at each end and rather than putting some lt bley tiles in there I thought it could be fun to put some olive green to represent moss. TLG doesn't make 1x1 or 1x2 olive green tiles, so I went with a plate. Wullham is a wet place, so even though the inn owners do a good job keeping their whitewash maintained, some moss grows on the roof now and then!

I only have lt bley pentagonal shields. Sand green / blue ones could be fun to buy in the future to add entire shields that are discolored due to the elements / moss.

I've got a bunch of those wrought iron gate pieces - could be fun to build a similar but much longer fence in the future

Edited by evancelt

Have checked this topic for the third time already, and still enjoy the build :pir-blush:

Wonderfull stream with bridge. And really awesome house. It reminds me of a local landmark not far from here, so awesome job!

22 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Have checked this topic for the third time already, and still enjoy the build :pir-blush:

Wonderfull stream with bridge. And really awesome house. It reminds me of a local landmark not far from here, so awesome job!

Thanks @Maxim I! Got any pics of the local landmark?