Built another module using a new mechanism, it has two arms that extend half way through the motion to pick up the ball before lifting it to the next module. It is quite reliable and runs better at slightly higher speeds. Would be cool to have two forks on each side, kind of like a "cup to cup" module, however I did not want to do it as it would be much less reliable. Instructions on Rebrickable. Flicker.

Lego GBC Extending Forks Module PhotosLego GBC Extending Forks Module PhotosLego GBC Extending Forks Module Photos

The specific compound movement and acceleration curve created by the combination of the big gears and levers, while simultaneously being driven from multiple points in the mechanism, is top-level genius!  I love GBC, but find this type of thought process completely beyond my ability and imagination.  I am merely a humble spectator.

Very nice mechanisms all working together in harmony. Well done and thank you for the file and instructions!

58 minutes ago, UltraViolet said:

The specific compound movement and acceleration curve created by the combination of the big gears and levers, while simultaneously being driven from multiple points in the mechanism, is top-level genius!  I love GBC, but find this type of thought process completely beyond my ability and imagination.  I am merely a humble spectator.

Thank you so much! I am glad you like it. I came up with the mechanism by accident while messing around with the gears for another project.

56 minutes ago, Berthil said:

Very nice mechanisms all working together in harmony. Well done and thank you for the file and instructions!

I fully agree with @UltraViolet's words - the mechanism is so beautifully complex, and just works flawlessly. Very enjoyable to watch everything moving in perfect synchronisation. Fantastic work!

I can figure out the part where the motor gets attached to the battery box. The rest is just beyond me - but I can tell it's beautifully engineered :pir-love:

16 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

I fully agree with @UltraViolet's words - the mechanism is so beautifully complex, and just works flawlessly. Very enjoyable to watch everything moving in perfect synchronisation. Fantastic work!

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed building it.

Great module! On first view it doesn't look as complex as it is with the liftarm points to have a smooth acceleration. Well done!

You're right to prefer a reliable gbc!

On 4/28/2021 at 8:44 PM, Vinc said:

Great module! On first view it doesn't look as complex as it is with the liftarm points to have a smooth acceleration. Well done!

You're right to prefer a reliable gbc!

Thanks! Figured I should actually make a reliable module once in a while ;)