Here's my most recent "quality" build that I couldn't show off for some time:

source.gif

Feature video:

Free instructions on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-72143/SaperPL/mini-mobile-crane/#details

EDIT: The MOC has landed on Build-A-MOC store as a set for purchase: https://buildamoc.com/products/mini-mobile-crane

Render:

RwGUmflh.png

Photos:

cZxd3WA.jpg

g1yLMpq.jpg

UgqHaED.jpg

nkPmL9W.jpg

Sdk9hd0.jpg

h8VQe1e.jpg

Drivetrain?

2KUD7ea.jpg

I4ZLTSB.jpg

inpaano.png

I hope you'll like it :)

Check out my youtube channel and rebrickable instructions for more small scale stuff like this.

Edited by SaperPL

A tidy, smart build packed with efficient and smooth functions - what's not to like? Other than a rather stubby counterweight, I really enjoy how this model looks and works - and has reminded me I need to have a go at building a mini crane myself one day. Excellent work!

Thanks! 

52 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

Other than a rather stubby counterweight, I really enjoy how this model looks and works

If you mean that it's kind of short here, I know those proportions are a bit off, but I didn't want it sticking out too much and once I had the turntable in that spot, I didn't want to move it forward either because the base/bottom was working out for me well.

Very cool, dude! I do not really like yellow construction machinery, but this would be desirable to collect!

Thanks for the free instructions of your MOCs.

Fantastic package of functions at such scale - and it looks great! With the stickers used it is practically a set ready to be packed and sent to the stores! Well done! 

Edit:

Will definitely build it, to do some heavy lifting on my desk ;-)

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Well deserved feature on TLCB...

I painted it red... very nice build, excellent chassis and the solution for differential. I enjoyed it a lot!

800x446.jpg

800x750.jpg

800x751.jpg

22 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Well deserved feature on TLCB...

I painted it red... very nice build, excellent chassis and the solution for differential. I enjoyed it a lot!

Awesome, thanks! It really looks good with red pieces. Are planning perhaps some kind of video with it ? You've got a quite a lot of subscribers, that would help my channel a lot :D

Anyway, since you liked the build and I can see you've got a ton of various bricks - check out my other instructions, especially make sure to build the Cyber Cruiser - I know it has weird suicide doors and front lights/bumper area isn't perfect, but just do it. It's worth it :)

Edited by Milan
Do not quote the pictures from the same page.

Wow.. I think you have updated some since I last saw this thread.  I love the engine!  Not sure of its placement.... but better than nothing.  Using the flower elements.... Brilliant!

1 minute ago, nerdsforprez said:

Wow.. I think you have updated some since I last saw this thread

I just posted this thread, but you probably saw the renders in the trucks thread. Coming to thing of it, I should post it there as well.

2 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Not sure of its placement.... but better than nothing.

Well, initially I thought I had to have that gearing for the steering knobs/lights at the front so I couldn't put the engine there, but after I've added the steering knob at the back, it made less sense to have those two at the front being used. It's weird for me, but for this kind of vehicle/chassis, its better to control it at the back. I might revisit this model after some time to move the engine, rework cabin to add some interior details and maybe even doors, and to check if maybe I could make it without the rare steering elements. Might also improve some stuff around the crane arm and counterweight.

6 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Using the flower elements.... Brilliant!

I did use those pieces already in my Front Engine Roadster, it's just a perfected version of that crankshaft :)

source.gif

21 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Awesome, thanks! It really looks good with red pieces. Are planning perhaps some kind of video with it ? You've got a quite a lot of subscribers, that would help my channel a lot :D

Sorry, no plans for a video, I am way behind even with filming my own MOCs, mostly due to lack of time and overall laziness :-)

25 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Sorry, no plans for a video, I am way behind even with filming my own MOCs, mostly due to lack of time and overall laziness :-)

Understandable :D Anyway make sure to check out my other instructions :)

The MOC has landed on Build-A-MOC store as a set for purchase:

https://buildamoc.com/products/mini-mobile-crane

This is my first time trying to allow people to get my MOC as a kit, because so far while people do like them, the entry barrier is that I use a lot of unique pieces that not everyone has and not everyone is willing to gather specific pieces through bricklink, I suppose.

The instructions are still available for free on rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-72143

The platform is an interesting option if you want to let people get your MOC as a whole set.

I also built this model a few weeks ago and still have it. I really like this chibi-crane. As we say in France: "elle a tout d'une grande !" :classic:

640x853.jpg

Edited by Celeri

12 hours ago, Celeri said:

I also built this model a few weeks ago and still have it. I really like this chibi-crane. As we say in France: "elle a tout d'une grande !" :classic:

Yes, I completely forgot about it as you've built it some time ago. Thanks and I'm glad you like it :)