Hello Everyone. Here I present a RC tank driven by a single motor. The tank can be controlled remotely using a single remote channel and driven forwards, backwards, and steered left and right. These functions are implemented by using a single large PF motor and exploiting the direction of rotation of the motor to either drive the tank or select one the four track functions. This is done by a swinging liftarm with a gear that connects the motor output to one of two separate axles - one for driving the tank and one for selecting the track functions. The track functions are built using 2 orange rotary catches to switch a gearbox design that allows both tracks to be selected to drive forwards or backwards or to drive in either of the two opposite directions for steering.

This kind of gearboxes just blow my mind! Awesome from the very idea to the execution itself! I love the indicator on top! To bad for all the friction due to gears. What motor did you use? Have you tried using more to get more power or would it just damage the drive train?

Fantastic job, subscribed :thumbup:

Best regards!

20 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Have you tried using more

Using a 2nd motor would make the entire gearbox irrelevant...

While I do think it is an intresting build I also think that it is pretty impractical. But the experience gained might come in useful in other projects :thumbup:

35 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Using a 2nd motor would make the entire gearbox irrelevant...

I agree, but I see it more as a concept of one input than using one motor. Stronger motor or two of them connected, would still maintain the concept used, but  would give a bit more life to the tank itself...

Amazing progress compared to one of your prior creations! As per my response in that topic, you took the Lego Control Center Crane 8094 to the next level!