Sign in to follow this  
Fraunces

[BTV1-TER] Don Quichote de la Versa

Circumstances: The Second Terraversan War, Terraversan, Atwi, mercenaries and Oleonese militias have split the island in parts, and in the chaos, there are many ways to do some business. It doesn't look good for the common Terraversans: rumours travel the island that peace is near, although no-one knows what Oldis, L'Olius or the Oleonese are planning. Corruption & chaos roam the island freely. Someone must do something to lift the spirits up! Captain K's crew has also been roaming the island, and she has found a new new companion; one of the don's (nobleman) of Sillitholina, who is also fighting for... well we will come to that. For now you just need to know this character has been invited to a secret meeting of the don's of Eastern Terraversa in a beautiful old villa:

"Are we all here? We have urgent matters to discuss!" Said one of the don's.
Another replied irritated: "You know HE is not here... Our oldest member, Don de la Versa, has not been himself lately. I got word of his chief-of-staff that he has now taken upon himself to restore the 'lost age of chivalry' to the land."
"Bonkers indeed. Let's do this meeting without him. Watermelon anyone?"

1. Don Quichote de La Terraversa

50563729117_f0fa892854_q.jpg  Captain K to her crew: Who is this 'don the la Versa' you might ask? A true nobleman, that I can assure you. And maybe just the one to shift the balance in Eastern Terraversa. Sancho, our contact and the don's loyal squire, is also a patriot, normally trying to protect his somewhat disillusioned master. Only not this time! Don de la Versa will help us and the cause at the same time! Stand ready!

On a farm near Sillitholina:

Oleonese sergeant: "I don't like this lieutenant. Our patrols have been attacted more and more lately. Maybe we shouldn't have agreed to sell some of the the redundant weapons to this contact of yours. It might be a trap of this Captain K!"

Oleonese lieutenant: "Silent man and control yourself! Just shoot any females who come too near, and well make a nice extra doubloon on top of our wages"

2. Don Quichote de La Terraversa

Soldier: "Lieutenant, someone is coming!"

Lieutenant: "Shoot any females!"

Soldier: "It seems like... A knight sir!"

Don Quichot de la Versa: “Destiny guides our fortunes more favorably than we could have expected. Look there, Sancho Panza, my friend, and see those thirty or so wild giants, with whom I intend to do battle and kill each and all of them, so with their stolen booty we can begin to enrich ourselves. This is nobel, righteous warfare, for it is wonderfully useful to God to have such an evil race wiped from the face of the earth."
"What giants?" Asked Sancho Panza.
"The ones you can see over there," answered his master, "with the huge arms, some of which are very nearly two leagues long."
"Now look, your grace," said Sancho, "what you see over there aren't giants, but windmills, and what seems to be arms are just their sails, that go around in the wind and turn the millstone."
"Obviously," replied Don Quichote, "you don't know much about adventures.”

3. Don Quichote de La Terraversa

Soon don Quichote started his noble fight, in his madness scaring off the Oleonese soldiers!

4. Don Quichote de La Terraversa

And so captain K comes back in to the story, agreeing with Sancho that these arms will be useful for the resistance. A much needed victory and maybe more important, a mysterious hero for the people of the island to look up to!

5. Don Quichote de La Terraversa

*just to be sure: no Oleonese where harmed in the process! 

Spoiler

The Giant in full glory:

6. Don Quichote de La Terraversa

Inspired by the movie "The man who killed don Quichote" and Cervantes ofcoures :pir-blush:

Edited by Fraunces

Clever construction of the windmill. Plus, great photos for a good story.

Wonderfully done! Great story for the times. And some cool photographic effects editing on the third image!

And as a connoisseur of windmills, I approve. :thumbup:  :pir-grin:

Hahaha, awesome! Love that second picture with the field of depth and the Dutch-ish tilt going on. Cool build with a beautiful wind mill! What torso does the guy standing with his back towards the camera in the first picture have? It looks like a pirate-y torso, but I don't recognize it.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, caiman0637 said:

Great build and story! What's that painting at the back of the first photo?

Many thanks! The painting is a 'turning' glass piece from the old 6091 Leo's castle. Great piece I was wanting to use for a long time. Now it served I think quite nicely for this vignette. Cool that you noticed :pir-classic:

On 4/1/2021 at 10:37 PM, NOD said:

Clever construction of the windmill. Plus, great photos for a good story.

Thank you !

On 4/1/2021 at 10:49 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Gorgeous story and nice builds, great blurry  windmill right in sync with a mad idealist knight in his delusions

That was what I was going for Thaum! Thank you for the kind words!

On 4/1/2021 at 10:55 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Wonderfully done! Great story for the times. And some cool photographic effects editing on the third image!

And as a connoisseur of windmills, I approve. :thumbup: 

Many thanks for your recognition, it means a lot coming from our BotBS windmill-MOC-master!  I must admit I did looked at a couple of your windmills before and I wanted to do something like that as well! 

On 4/3/2021 at 2:24 PM, Khorne said:

Hahaha, awesome! Love that second picture with the field of depth and the Dutch-ish tilt going on. Cool build with a beautiful wind mill! What torso does the guy standing with his back towards the camera in the first picture have? It looks like a pirate-y torso, but I don't recognize it.

Thanks. It does look piraye-y , but I stole it from the Tusken raider from the new Mandalorian set nr. 75299. :pir-yoda:

Great job on the windmill!

Ah a good old fashioned knight fighting for those in need! If he ever wants to become an Alleenridder, feel free to contact a local MAESTRO officer :pir-sweet: