JopieK

Trains in 4-Wide

On 9/25/2021 at 1:09 PM, XG BC said:

your wish is my command!

Aaaaah, really really nice wagons!!! Very clean and with a perfect "German" feeling. :wub:

Thumbs up!!!:thumbup:

Edited by Paperinik77pk
removed re-posted pictures

another one! this time on the cargo side of things:

hopper 4wide

first color is from the model train comany trix and is called donau-kies although i do not know if there is a prototype in these colors second one is from the deutsche bahn in red this one exists in real life aswell. last one is again from trix and is called rhein-kies although again i dont know whether or not this color sceme exists in real life the loco is really that small compared to the hoppers as it is a köf 2:

Bahn-Express - Magazin für Werkbahnfreunde

hope you like these!

Edited by XG BC

On 9/26/2021 at 11:31 AM, XG BC said:

another one! this time on the cargo side of things:

first color is from the model train comany trix and is called donau-kies although i do not know if there is a prototype in these colors second one is from the deutsche bahn in red this one exists in real life aswell. last one is again from trix and is called rhein-kies although again i dont know whether or not this color sceme exists in real life the loco is really that small compared to the hoppers as it is a köf 2:

Bahn-Express - Magazin für Werkbahnfreunde

hope you like these!

This one is even more spectacular! I love the way you design wagons - and that little Kof is a masterpiece! :wub:

Edited by Paperinik77pk
removed re-posted pictures

34 minutes ago, Paperinik77pk said:

This one is even more spectacular! I love the way you design wagons - and that little Kof is a masterpiece! :wub:

thanks for the compliment!

another one:

vt95

this one is based on the vt 95 diesel railcar which was dubbed the "retter der nebenbahnen" or savior of the branch lines because it replaced old, expensive to maintain steam trains with something that was inexpensive and cheap to maintain thus saving many branch lines from beeing killed due to financial issues they where driven by a 130-150 hp diesel engine which was taken from a bus thus the name "schienenbus" was born (railbus in english) also it is kinda similar to a bus from its looks to its controls the construction of the model required making a completley snotted front to produce the caracteristic looks and is about 4.7-5 wide because of the way the wheels kinda sink into the body

Edited by XG BC

The little railbus is cut and spot on. I've seen a railbus similar to yours running on a shmalspurbahnen in the NRW when I lived there and thought it was adorable.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:40 PM, XG BC said:

another one:

vt95

this one is based on the vt 95 diesel railcar which was dubbed the "retter der nebenbahnen" or savior of the branch lines because it replaced old, expensive to maintain steam trains with something that was inexpensive and cheap to maintain thus saving many branch lines from beeing killed due to financial issues they where driven by a 130-150 hp diesel engine which was taken from a bus thus the name "schienenbus" was born (railbus in english) also it is kinda similar to a bus from its looks to its controls the construction of the model required making a completley snotted front to produce the caracteristic looks and is about 4.7-5 wide because of the way the wheels kinda sink into the body

Lovely Schienenbus!!!:wub:

Here's some other variations on the Lima H0 starter sets.

During the 80s the simplified DB V80 was used by Lima in many starter sets, representing passengers or freight trains. These trains were using simple wagons, sometimes shorter than they should be , colored in different (very colorful) liveries and branded after DB, FS, SNCF railways without so much adherence to the real prototyes (starting from the V80 with 2 axles *huh*).

All these locomotives used the Lima "G" motor, which was quite powerful and was used in a lot of other Lima models, with different gear ratios. :thumbup:

V80 H0 Lima -  Parade

In the back row, a DB  version, a SNCF red and white version (never existed in reality, imho) and the yellow one, which is not a Lima model - I made it after a real prototype, which was a V80 used by RAILLOC private company in Italy.

In the front row , the black/blue/gray V80 with no brand (used in freight set 103401T), another blue SNCF (set 101800b) and then, a very strange livery in white/gray with red and orange stripes, SNCF brand and with 9530 number printed on its sides. It's really strange, but somehow appealing. Set number in this case is 103400T.:wub:

I bought these three sets mentioned above recently and are really nice toys..

I just  prepared also the wagons of the 103400T (the real wagons of the set are a bit longer - but also the short version existed and was used with the same locomotive) so I can show you the full consist. Adding a power supply/regulator of the time completes the picture of an happy kid on 25th December's afternoon.:drool:

Lima Starter Set 103400T + Power Supply - 1:87 scale

Ciao!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk
typo o o o o

57 minutes ago, Paperinik77pk said:

During the 80s the simplified DB V80 was used by Lima in many starter sets, representing passengers or freight trains. These trains were using simple wagons, sometimes shorter than they should be , colored in different (very colorful) liveries and branded after DB, FS, SNCF railways without so much adherence to the real prototyes (starting from the V80 with 2 axles *huh*).

All these locomotives used the Lima "G" motor, which was quite powerful and was used in a lot of other Lima models, with different gear ratios. :thumbup:

V80 H0 Lima -  Parade

In the back row, a DB  version, a SNCF red and white version (never existed in reality, imho) and the yellow one, which is not a Lima model - I made it after a real prototype, which was a V80 used by RAILLOC private company in Italy.

In the front row , the black/blue/gray V80 with no brand (used in freight set 103401T), another blue SNCF (set 101800b) and then, a very strange livery in white/gray with red and orange stripes, SNCF brand and with 9530 number printed on its sides. It's really strange, but somehow appealing. Set number in this case is 103400T.:wub:

I just  prepared also the wagons of the 103400T (the real wagons of the set are a bit longer - but also the short version existed and was used with the same locomotive) so I can show you the full consist. Adding a power supply/regulator of the time completes the picture of an happy kid on 25th December's afternoon.:drool:

Ciao!

Davide

really cute and nice locos and train! :pir-wub: i especcially like the last render with the transformer looks like a model train starter pack! :thumbup: i cannot wait to see your next creations!

1 hour ago, XG BC said:

really cute and nice locos and train! :pir-wub: i especcially like the last render with the transformer looks like a model train starter pack! :thumbup: i cannot wait to see your next creations!

Thanks, sir! Here's the last render , the three main passenger starter sets together (101800B,  103400T and 101500T) :sweet:

Bright colors, decent value for money and possibility to expand were the main (and it seems successful) keys to attract both kids and parents at the time!

V80 H0 Lima Consist

This is all beyond belief.

On 9/30/2021 at 10:00 PM, Paperinik77pk said:

4.7-5 wide

or not ...

23 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

The little red VT95 is cute as a button.

It really is ...

I am so happy that this (tagged) thread exists. It represents the highest of building skills - in my humble opinion.

To be honest - I personally believe that the models shown here - models, yes, stand for what LEGO is all about. With the now available pieces beamed into legt god heaven.

This has become my favorite thread on EB: 1) No chance that TLG will ever release such sets ;) 2) Dedication to the detailing - at this scale - using every ("impossible") piece, but most importantly 3) the vibe. The positive attitude. The imagination. The fun folks have here.

LEGO at its best.

Thank you all. And all the best ;)

Thorsten

9 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Thanks, sir! Here's the last render , the three main passenger starter sets together (101800B,  103400T and 101500T) :sweet:

Bright colors, decent value for money and possibility to expand were the main (and it seems successful) keys to attract both kids and parents at the time!

V80 H0 Lima Consist

how did you design the passenger coaches boogies i am looking to build 4 axle wagons myself "silberlinge" to be exact and your 4 axle wagons look really really good!

8 hours ago, Toastie said:

This is all beyond belief.

or not ...

It really is ...

I am so happy that this (tagged) thread exists. It represents the highest of building skills - in my humble opinion.

To be honest - I personally believe that the models shown here - models, yes, stand for what LEGO is all about. With the now available pieces beamed into legt god heaven.

This has become my favorite thread on EB: 1) No chance that TLG will ever release such sets ;) 2) Dedication to the detailing - at this scale - using every ("impossible") piece, but most importantly 3) the vibe. The positive attitude. The imagination. The fun folks have here.

LEGO at its best.

Thank you all. And all the best ;)

Thorsten

Thanks Thorsten for being always supportive!!!  :classic::classic::classic:

Good point about the "size" -  I think that this thread could easily accept also other MOCs under 6-wide, since also 2 or 3 wide creations can present interesting solutions and details :wub:

13 hours ago, XG BC said:

how did you design the passenger coaches boogies i am looking to build 4 axle wagons myself "silberlinge" to be exact and your 4 axle wagons look really really good!

Ciao! 

It's a very basic thing, using the 2x2 plate with pin hole for the coupling. The coupler is there to join wagons, but it was never tested "in motion". This drawing features the turntable, but if you are planning only to create static models - it can be replaced by a normal 2x2 plate :laugh:

Detail of 4-wide bogie

Edited by Paperinik77pk

After the Lima Toy version, finally the poor DB V80 in its "real", 4-axles version, with some DB wagons :sweet:

Lego DB V80 1:87 + DB wagons

Edited by Paperinik77pk

7 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Ciao! 

It's a very basic thing, using the 2x2 plate with pin hole for the coupling. The coupler is there to join wagons, but it was never tested "in motion". This drawing features the turntable, but if are not planning only to create static models - it can be replaced by a normal 2x2 plate :laugh:

Detail of 4-wide bogie

awesome thanks for the pictures!

2 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

After the Lima Toy version, finally the poor DB V80 in its "real", 4-axles version, with some DB wagons :sweet:

really nice model! looking forward to your next models

Ingenious use of parts to create the bogies and connect carriages together. Your passenger consist looks gorgeous.

On 10/1/2021 at 11:02 PM, Paperinik77pk said:

V80 H0 Lima -  Parade

Ciao!

Davide

This is just perfect