NickLafreniere

[MOC] The LEGO Toilet (aka UCS Toilet) LEGO Ideas Project

Hello. I present to you The LEGO Toilet. 

Build the most detailed plastic model of a toilet you have ever seen - The LEGO Toilet! Recreate this classic bathroom staple and learn about the mechanical parts that go into a toilet fixture. This beautifully shaped model makes for a wonderful conversation piece and collectible to add to your LEGO collection.

webp

You will be amazed at the functional mechanism, which is built of Technic pieces and pulls on a mini chain that in turn pulls open the “flapper” inside the toilet tank. Remember to put the toilet seat down - or not, it’s your toilet!

Features

• Model measures 21 cm long, 13 cm wide, and 22 cm tall. 550 pieces.
  • The toilet seat can be raised/lowered and the toilet tank top lifts off.
  • Mechanical parts such as the flush arm, flapper, overflow tube, and float are represented in LEGO form in the toilet tank.
  • Includes main toilet model, informational plaque with miniature toilet, toilet brush, brick separator, and a minifigure with toolbox and plunger.

See all the pictures of the model here on LEGO Ideas!

28 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

It's April fools isn't it?

:laugh_hard:

Although it's April Fools, this project is 100% serious. This could be the next LEGO Ideas Typewriter, Ship in a Bottle, Grand Piano, Earth Globe - basically the next LEGO Ideas replica of an object.

At 550 pieces, this would only be like $50-60. This thing sells itself!

This is totally bonkers, but I like that you included the flushing mechanism. Weirdly enough, it was the inclusion of the toilet brush that sold me on the model. Anyway, you have my vote!

Wow, that's surprising that the toilet brush sold you! Originally, I wanted the "poop pipe" to use those new water slide tube elements from the LEGO Friends Water Park set. Unfortunately that wasn't feasible. I intended on people putting their minifigures in the toilet and through the pipes. The Toilet brush is built using a flexible axle piece, and was to be used to "push" your minifigure all the way through the toilet, if it gets stuck.

Here is a picture of the inside of the tank:

51087648216_b6fc7bbfaf_h.jpg

As soon as you see the inside of the toilet tank, it's no longer a joke and it gets quite serious! It will be satisfying to play with this. I also wanted to include a sound brick that would make a flushing sound, but that didn't make the final cut.

Was going to go number 2, but changed my mind to go number 1........ when deciding how to rank my favourite Ideas sets I’ve seen today..... 😜

Just now, Brickrunner said:

Was going to go number 2, but changed my mind to go number 1........ when deciding how to rank my favourite Ideas sets I’ve seen today..... 😜

Excellent! Wait until you see my sick little update that I post later...

4 hours ago, NickLafreniere said:

Although it's April Fools, this project is 100% serious. This could be the next LEGO Ideas Typewriter, Ship in a Bottle, Grand Piano, Earth Globe - basically the next LEGO Ideas replica of an object.

At 550 pieces, this would only be like $50-60. This thing sells itself!

I Would have waited for any other day in the year :-)

Amazing piece of art, Da Vinci died for this. BUT it's not in pink so now I'm debating with the most popular toilet experts of our era, whether to support this project or no...

19 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Amazing piece of art, Da Vinci died for this. BUT it's not in pink so now I'm debating with the most popular toilet experts of our era, whether to support this project or no...

The first 1000 sets of The LEGO Toilet could come in metallic gold and come with individually numbered certificates :P (Just kidding, LEGO wouldn't actually make that many metallic pieces.)

23 minutes ago, NickLafreniere said:

The first 1000 sets of The LEGO Toilet could come in metallic gold and come with individually numbered certificates

Be careful what you wish for, if we were living in 2000s, they would probably make it chrome gold.

Just in case you haven't seen my post in Pirate MOCs, here is Toilet Adventures: Episode 1 - Pirates of Toilet Cove:

native

This just one of many examples of imaginative play you can have with minifigures. Although this set is mainly just a sculpture, you can totally dunk whatever you want in the toilet bowl.

Thanks everyone for supporting so far! The project is at 1000 supporters! 

Here is a new picture. Anyone remember American Gladiators? :P

native

12 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

The brush is by far the greatest use of those car wash bristles I've ever seen.  This thing is incredible.

Thanks for noticing! Those bristle pieces are typically only used in car washes and street sweepers, so it was really smart to use them for something else! This set could also introduce a white-colored bristle piece. The brush could be made with just 2 blue bristle pieces, but the white makes it look more realistic.

webp

Originally when I was thinking of what accessories to include, I thought of the more obvious things like a giant plunger or a big roll of toilet paper. Neither of those objects would have been interesting or fun to play with. The brush is clever, hilarious, and you can actually shove that brush down the toilet bowl and violently scrub those shit marks - the flexible white axle allows it to get in there :P

Edited by NickLafreniere

That chest in the bottom... Looks like.... Something else :iamded_lol::roflmao:

Absolutely love the humour of this! And, the design and build/pieces used is also impressive! I echo the comments about the toilet brush! 

But what I do love also, is the mechanism on the inside, showing how it works! 

Most certainly unique and interesting, and fun too! 

Will certainly support this! 

I like this project as much as I had to build one LEGO toilet on my own too. If you own LEGO Creator set 31034 - Future Fliers, you can build it as well while waiting for LEGO to release this UCS one. :wink: Building instructions for my little toilet are available for free here.

51123291376_4310c1caef_z.jpg

I love your toilet model! Originally when I was coming up with the idea, I was picturing it to be around that size, but it ended up a bit bigger. I like your website and instructions for alternate builds! :D

Can't believe I missed this when first posted but very glad to see it has been bumped to enjoy now and also achieved support. This is the pinnacle of Lego creations; realistic, hilarious, adaptable, fun. Congrats on 10,000k and awesome MOC.

16 hours ago, Friscorays said:

Congratulations. I'm glad I got my contribution in early, before things got really backed up.

🤣💩