Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[SR - FB] Paraiso Bay 112 x 96, Poppy Port

Factory: Large Clothing Factory

Commerce: Large Clothing Shop

Residence: Large Residence (3)

51058384311_ab318510ec_b.jpgPB01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

This Paraiso Bay, a lovely place on the island.

51058468377_2751006b74_b.jpgPB02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

A new district has emerged on Poppy Port settlement. On House, shop, factory and a fountain were built.

51058468212_8f8ae1ac3f_b.jpgPB03 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Welcome to Paraiso Bay! Paraiso, this is also the name of my first merchant ship that I built.

51057660928_e6a7a756e8_b.jpgPB04 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The Sea Rats are a friendly, neutral and a helpful faction. Passing merchant ships ask the Sea Rats for a modest donation. The Sea Rats are happy to borrow items from the neighbors in other faction settlements.

51058467787_00c1a935d6_b.jpgPB05 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Good, neutral and peaceful Sea Rats live in this bay. They are very happy to exchange goods with merchant ships. These exchange exclusive, high-quality and valuable air guitars for other modest goods.

51058382416_1d432d6c53_b.jpgPB06 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The weather is inconsistent and there are frequent storms at sea. It is quite possible that ships get into distress or sink. The Sea Rats are always ready to help.

51057659403_e960f34fa8_b.jpgPB07 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The factory is on the left. The cotton comes from the plantation on the island. Many designers of well-known fashion companies work in the factory Dolce & Bananas (D & B), Giancarlo Versaze (Versaze) and Gabrielle Schanel (Schanel). The factory also consists of other buildings. Unfortunately, the space was too small to show everyone. So, believe me because I never lie.

51058382081_8e58140459_b.jpgPB08 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Top right is a shop for clothes. The designer dresses were made in the factory opposite. This shop also sells clothes from donation collections (the Sea Rats helped ships in need, as thanks they also got high quality clothes). In order for everyone to make money, designer clothes and donation collections have similar prices. Actually, everything is expensive in this shop. But the Sea Rats are fortunate. They have enough money because on the sea voyages they will always find someone who wants to donate Doubloons.

51057659073_20d7bedc08_b.jpgPB09 by Philippe, auf Flickr

There's a house at the bottom right. It's a house with walls and a roof. It has a large and beautiful balcony.

51058465872_1a0797e8f1_b.jpgPB10 by Philippe, auf Flickr

In the upper right corner is a fireplace. It's a popular meeting place. Some residents grill fishes. A singer plays the guitar and sings.

51058465642_d60d5f05c8_b.jpgPB11 by Philippe, auf Flickr

La Isla Paraiso:

♪♪Como puede ser verdad♪♪

♪♪Last night I dreamt of Poppy Port♪♪

♪♪Just like I'd never gone, I knew the song♪♪

♪♪A young girl with eyes like the desert♪♪

♪♪It all seems like yesterday, not far away♪♪

♪♪Tropical the island breeze♪♪

♪♪All of nature wild and free♪♪

♪♪This is where I long to be♪♪

♪♪La Isla Paraiso♪♪

♪♪And when the samba played♪♪

♪♪The sun would set so high♪♪

♪♪Ring through my ears and sting my eyes♪♪

♪♪Your Sea Rats melody♪♪

51058465482_ed4bb5f5f9_b.jpgPB12 by Philippe, auf Flickr

There are positions with cannons on the coast. These are controlled by pirates attentive citizens.

51058465337_691fd43b36_b.jpgPB13 by Philippe, auf Flickr

I am also happy to present photos of the interior of the buildings. Unfortunately, I have a lot of work at the moment. That's why I can't publish it until February 30th.

51057658318_5e6c70cb97_b.jpgPB14 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Poppy Port should have risen to Large Town. "This is Poppy Port!"

51058464987_00dbab6ab1_b.jpgPB15 by Philippe, auf Flickr

@NOD this is incredible! I think you have done a great job maintaining your construction style while each build has great unique features. The rocks on the shore are very nicely detailed. The statue screams of "swashing buckles!" You best yet, but not just for the size!

The writing made me laugh, so great job! It would almost make me donate high fashion clothes to those friendly Sea Rats. Luckily it is the MCTC that has the clothing monopoly, not MAESTRO haha :D

the build itself is also very enjoyable. So many great things to see and amazing that the 3 buildings are presented as one great lay-out

Stunning layout! Each component looks great and together it's a thing of beauty. Of course, I always did like the combination of white, red, and gold... The rocky coastline looks really cool, especially considering the relative simplicity of the rockwork, which looks great at this scale. Excellent work.

Dolce and Bananas :iamded_lol:

Do they sell A Bread Crumb & Fish?

the best build of yours so far! Great feel to it and I got to say you really got me on the Isla Bonita song, I got in the feel right away man, great job. The fish grill is the perfect addition.

And one more and big compliment to the amazing pointing out our intrinsic much-too-often-misunderstood goodness of heart, and of course of designing talents! 

On 4/1/2021 at 8:25 AM, CapOnBOBS said:

@NOD this is incredible! I think you have done a great job maintaining your construction style while each build has great unique features. The rocks on the shore are very nicely detailed. The statue screams of "swashing buckles!" You best yet, but not just for the size!

Many Thanks. The construction was a challenge. I've tried a few new things.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:51 AM, Professor Thaum said:

As said in the Sea Rats Thread, absolutely wonderful, this build/diorama is killer. Awesome !

Many Thanks. Building a diorama takes a lot of effort, but the result was well worth it.

23 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

The writing is amazing! Had a good chuckle when reading it. The buildings are nice too as an added bonus! 

Many Thanks. I am glad that you liked my story.

23 hours ago, Maxim I said:

The writing made me laugh, so great job! It would almost make me donate high fashion clothes to those friendly Sea Rats. Luckily it is the MCTC that has the clothing monopoly, not MAESTRO haha :D

the build itself is also very enjoyable. So many great things to see and amazing that the 3 buildings are presented as one great lay-out

Many Thanks. Laughing is healthy. I am sure the Sea Rats will find something you can donate.

20 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Stunning layout! Each component looks great and together it's a thing of beauty. Of course, I always did like the combination of white, red, and gold... The rocky coastline looks really cool, especially considering the relative simplicity of the rockwork, which looks great at this scale. Excellent work.

Dolce and Bananas :iamded_lol:

Do they sell A Bread Crumb & Fish?

Many Thanks. Crumb & Fish? Of course, we have it, I'll get it from the warehouse (we have to change the etiquette on a clothing and increase the price).

20 hours ago, evancelt said:

Wonderfully detailed large settlement build. Nice work!

Thanks that make me very happy.

14 hours ago, Fraunces said:

the best build of yours so far! Great feel to it and I got to say you really got me on the Isla Bonita song, I got in the feel right away man, great job. The fish grill is the perfect addition.

And one more and big compliment to the amazing pointing out our intrinsic much-too-often-misunderstood goodness of heart, and of course of designing talents! 

Many Thanks. La Isla Bonita? Oh, what a coincidence. It sounds similar to La Isla Paraiso. I felt the need to describe the good Sea Rats correctly. Unfortunately, they are often poorly described by people from other factions.

11 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Amazing build, so much life! Great style on all of them. And as others have said, I appreciate the stories that go along with it!

Many Thanks. I am pleased that you like my diorama and the story.

Edited by NOD

So much to like about this!  As I mentioned on Flickr, the fountain and the slightly angled buildings are fantastic, and for some reason I'm simply loving those little cannon batteries!  The rocky cliffs and palm trees were great choices for some elevation in the build, and the water is beautiful as well.  Awesome job all around! 

That's a beautiful diorama! What part did you use for the water coming out of the fountain? (Also: thanks for dispelling some of the misconceptions that exist about us Sea Rats!) :pir-classic:

The story made me chuckle for sure. Making "fake" clothing is such a pirate thing to do.

The MOC itself is very beautiful, too. It has a great tropical feeling all-around and fits the pirate theme very well. I love the general style of the architecture.

23 hours ago, Garmadon said:

So much to like about this!  As I mentioned on Flickr, the fountain and the slightly angled buildings are fantastic, and for some reason I'm simply loving those little cannon batteries!  The rocky cliffs and palm trees were great choices for some elevation in the build, and the water is beautiful as well.  Awesome job all around! 

Many Thanks. I am very happy that you like it.

18 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

That's a beautiful diorama! What part did you use for the water coming out of the fountain? (Also: thanks for dispelling some of the misconceptions that exist about us Sea Rats!) :pir-classic:

Many Thanks. For the water I use Plastic Hose 3.2 cm (43451 / 60187).

7 hours ago, Khorne said:

The story made me chuckle for sure. Making "fake" clothing is such a pirate thing to do.

The MOC itself is very beautiful, too. It has a great tropical feeling all-around and fits the pirate theme very well. I love the general style of the architecture.

Many Thanks. I am glad that you had fun reading.

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

Fantastic work!

Many Thanks.

38 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Many Thanks.

Edited by NOD

Both incredibly well written and built, @NOD! The detail in this is incredible with the fountain, architecture and greenery giving it a striking beauty!

Great Work! 

20 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Both incredibly well written and built, @NOD! The detail in this is incredible with the fountain, architecture and greenery giving it a striking beauty!

Great Work! 

Many Thanks. Building and writing was a challenge.

Overall great build. I really like the style of your buildings. They look connected while still each having their own architecture.

Good presentation too, which really helps any build, but in particular digital ones.

On 5/10/2021 at 1:41 PM, JintaiZ said:

Many Thanks! That pleases me very much.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, Bregir said:

Overall great build. I really like the style of your buildings. They look connected while still each having their own architecture.

Good presentation too, which really helps any build, but in particular digital ones.

Thank you very much for your kind words.