TomSkippy

[SR - FB1] Sugarcane Plantation

Oilskin Johnny's business interests are so widespread he doesn't even know they exist...

51001563964_61c72c4c26_c.jpg

51001563919_4e98e8141b_c.jpg

51001563854_2f959c3c69_c.jpg

51001563744_60d7124d70_c.jpg

There are a few more pictures on my flickr

Due to some house situations, I've been stuck primarily using Stud.io. I've been frustrated not being able to use actual bricks, but the number of palm leaves in the build would have made this an impossibility. Plantations can be tough... The allure of 'copy paste' is strong and the repetitiveness of the build makes it a challenge to vary the terrain to keep it interesting. I'm tired of rotating the stupid little plants. I'm glad it's done.

Let me know what you think!

23 minutes ago, TomSkippy said:

Due to some house situations, I've been stuck primarily using Stud.io. I've been frustrated not being able to use actual bricks, but the number of palm leaves in the build would have made this an impossibility. Plantations can be tough... The allure of 'copy paste' is strong and the repetitiveness of the build makes it a challenge to vary the terrain to keep it interesting. I'm tired of rotating the stupid little plants. I'm glad it's done.

:pir-laugh: Looks great - glad you took the time to rotate them. The little 1x1 quarter round tiles for that small roof look awesome. Fun windmill design!

Nice sugarcane plantation. I like your varied diorama.

Love the olive ground!  The plants are also well done, and the whole MOC looks really nice.

This looks great! I really like the building techniques for the windmill and how you've included the different steps in the refining process. Well done!

Excellent. The olive green ground is beautiful and the sugar cane design looks really good to me. The whole scene looks fantastic with the angled road and buildings and the windmill. Great work.

Nice choice of colours and parts (especially in OG as already said)

I love how you depicted the sugar cane and the small factory just beside, great one !

Great build with lots of cool techniques and piece usage to pick up on. Like the others have said, there is a distinct Carribean feel! I like how you used olive green for the base. I haven't seen that a lot, but it works well here. The usage of the palm tree leaf pieces stands out as well. Would be neat to see such a huge quantity in real life, but the price would be exuberant, I think. I also really like the construction of the wind mill: simple, yet effective.

Nice plantation! Love the realistic atmosphere it gives (with the smoke coming out of the chimes, the fire pits, ...).

Also great job on the windmill. It might be some inspiration for me in the future if I ever start building on mine haha :pir-sweet:

I missed this last week. I love it! Fantastic use of the palm leaves! Good job with the varied base. The olive color works well here. Good little windmill. Details all around! Good job showing interiors and the processing. Wonderful all around! :thumbup:

Thanks for resurfacing that build. Looks really great with Caribbean vibes, however frustrating it is indeed to work digitally rather than "in bricks".

This keeps popping up to the top of the feed and every time I see another little detail I like. This really is a great build.