Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[COR Troop] Raising the Block Watch

Following an uprising in northern Corrington by some clans, the Corrington Government set about raising 'watches' to counter any further movements. Over time, these regiments became highly skilled and experienced, the most prominent of which was The Block Watch. With war entangling many of the colonial territories in the East, the 42nd Highlanders Regiment of Foot was moved to King's Harbour and settled camp, awaiting further orders.

51084042391_c601a8dee5_c.jpg

A very quick build to raise some troops in King's Harbour.

The kilts are customs from eBay.

The troops are based off of the iconic Black Watch.

Edited by Spud The Viking

Glorious minifigs and awesome tent design. Like I said on Flickr, I'll be giving that one a try :pir-huzzah2:

6 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Following an uprising in northern Corrington by some clans

Headcannon that the rowdy clans are Mad MacSpud's kin. A really nice little build. I'd love to see more of the Block Watch in future.

5 hours ago, evancelt said:

Glorious minifigs and awesome tent design. Like I said on Flickr, I'll be giving that one a try :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

Och aye, ye've got a bonny wee regiment there, laddie! :thumbup: Good job!

Cheers, auld boy! :pir-huzzah1:

8 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Headcannon that the rowdy clans are Mad MacSpud's kin.

I hadn't properly noticed this build and story, very nice! 

And yes, those French Oleon-supporting Jacobites rebels! My headcanon is that BotBS takes place around the Seven Years War, so the effect of the '45 uprising is still somewhat fresh.

12 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Headcannon that the rowdy clans are Mad MacSpud's kin. A really nice little build. I'd love to see more of the Block Watch in future.

Thanks, I really want to use them again too. THe annoying thing is they will now have to moved by ships elsewhere!

1 minute ago, Spud The Viking said:

And yes, those French Oleon-supporting Jacobites rebels! My headcanon is that BotBS takes place around the Seven Years War, so the effect of the '45 uprising is still somewhat fresh.

I just wanted an excuse to build some kilted figs for Oleon. Failed Highland rebels fit the bill so well!

Excellent minifigs @Spud The Viking! As my (now interrupted) AMRCA shows, I’m a fan of Northern Corrington minifigs too!

BTW, if somebody needs an “historical” hint for having clansmen outside Corrington, some lands were invaded during the 49-years war (Peppin, Myrph, Belondia and Tam) and at least the island of Tam should be “Scottish”.

I love the creativity that is going on for troop raising (and not just use the original redcoat soldier).

Great job with these Clansmen!

Edited by Maxim I

On 3/30/2021 at 11:32 PM, Ross Fisher said:

I just wanted an excuse to build some kilted figs for Oleon. Failed Highland rebels fit the bill so well!

Who doesn't want kilted heroes?

On 3/31/2021 at 8:04 PM, Keymonus said:

Excellent minifigs @Spud The Viking! As my (now interrupted) AMRCA shows, I’m a fan of Northern Corrington minifigs too!

BTW, if somebody needs an “historical” hint for having clansmen outside Corrington, some lands were invaded during the 49-years war (Peppin, Myrph, Belondia and Tam) and at least the island of Tam should be “Scottish”.

Thanks! Oh, interesting on the island of Tam, I hadn't noticed this!

18 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Fun little build. The custom minifigs look cool and I like the tent design.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Maxim I said:

I love the creativity that is going on for troop raising (and not just use the original redcoat soldier).

Great job with these Clansmen!

Thanks! Yes, the variety has been very nice.

3 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

"Block Watch" is hilarious

Haha, thanks!

Great Highlanders Spud! I've very tempted to order some of those kilts for myself!

I added the 42nd to the Compendium index.

37 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Great Highlanders Spud! I've very tempted to order some of those kilts for myself!

I added the 42nd to the Compendium index.

Thanks! I'll take a proper photo for the Compendium soon.

Also, it says the "Brick Watch" instead of "Block Watch" :pir-classic:

Edited by Spud The Viking

Interesting tent design. I haven't seen a tent like that before. The figures and background obviously steal the spotlight here. They're gorgeous! Those custom kilts fit so well. Awesome group of soldiers. Block Watch is a great pun :grin:.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, Khorne said:

Interesting tent design. I haven't seen a tent like that before. The figures and background obviously steal the spotlight here. They're gorgeous! Those custom kilts fit so well. Awesome group of soldiers. Block Watch is a great pun :grin:.

Thank you, Khorne!

9 hours ago, evancelt said:

A great honour!