Hi!

A long time ago I watched episode 7 of The Mandalorian series, where appeared ...

OUTLAND TIE FIGHTER

I immediately added it to my "to do list" 

After a long time and many other MOCs, the time has come for TIE - for the Empire!

I was building the project for a few weeks - it was not easy because I decided to use a new 3x3 round corner in it.

I wanted to do something different, there are so many TIE projects already, it's hard to come up with something new. Project contains 914 parts. 

This is the Outland version - it has foldable wings. There are a few good mechanisms, I improved it, TJ Lego Room showed it some time ago. I added technic liftarms, changed a few other things.

Landing gears is an additional stand - I didn't want to install it permanently in the cabin. This would worsen its appearance and weaken the structure.

More on my youtube, link below. Project is also available on Rebrickable here:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-72054/EDGE OF BRICKS/outland-tie/#details

Outland TIE Fighter

Outland TIE Fighter MOC

Outland TIE Fighter MOC

19 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Nice build!

17 hours ago, OTIS_0937 said:

Amazing!

10 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

This is amazing!

Thanks a lot guys! :)

Great execution for using those new arches. I believe the only possible way really, if someone also intends to use the 6-wide dish. Btw, maybe those 1x6 plates on the inner surfaces of the wings/panels could be swapped for inverted 1x3 tiles? Could work pretty well!

10 hours ago, Jerac said:

Great execution for using those new arches. I believe the only possible way really, if someone also intends to use the 6-wide dish. Btw, maybe those 1x6 plates on the inner surfaces of the wings/panels could be swapped for inverted 1x3 tiles? Could work pretty well!

Thanks Jerac! 

Yes, nice idea to convert 1x6 plate to inverted tile. It won't be cheap... I'll need 16 :D

6 hours ago, Cylo said:

The cockpit part looks great, really nice model

Thanks!

Similar approach that I used for my Outland MOC. I like how your version is very clean. But then I really like the retractable landing gear on mine.

640x480.jpg

Edited by Tom_Brick
Changed image to current version of my Outland TIE

I also added a new photo that shows the back of my TIE.

It's a bit of a non-standard technique, illegal I guess, but it's all right and fits perfectly in the middle, a bit smaller than 5 studs in diameter :)

Outland TIE Fighter MOC

Also maybe in future I'll try with TIE Interceptor with this new cockpit design

Very clever rear design. I like it. Though I guess I'd try moving the engines out by one stud and rather complete the circle. Might be worth a try.

My favourite part is the functional top hatch!  Leaving space for that is the main advantage of these round corners vs the quarter domes IMO.  But it must have been tricky to make it strong with the open top and front.

On 29/03/2021 at 17:53, Kozikyo86 said:

Salut!

Il y a longtemps, j'ai regardé l'épisode 7 de la série The Mandalorian, où est apparu ...

OUTLAND TIE FIGHTER

Je l'ai immédiatement ajouté à ma "liste de choses à faire" 

Après une longue période et de nombreux autres MOC, le moment est venu pour TIE - pour l'Empire!

Je construisais le projet pendant quelques semaines - ce n'était pas facile car j'ai décidé d'utiliser un nouveau coin rond 3x3 dedans.

Je voulais faire quelque chose de différent, il y a déjà tellement de projets TIE, c'est difficile de trouver quelque chose de nouveau. Le projet contient 914 parties. 

Ceci est la version Outland - il a des ailes pliables. Il y a quelques bons mécanismes, je l'ai amélioré, TJ Lego Room l'a montré il y a quelque temps. J'ai ajouté des bras de levage techniques, changé quelques autres choses.

Les trains d'atterrissage sont un support supplémentaire - je ne voulais pas l'installer de façon permanente dans la cabine. Cela aggraverait son apparence et affaiblirait la structure.

Plus sur mon youtube, lien ci-dessous. Project est également disponible sur Rebrickable ici:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-72054/EDGE OF BRICKS / outland-tie / # détails

Chasseur TIE Outland

Outland TIE Fighter MOC

Outland TIE Fighter MOC

Houaaahhhh merveilleux j'adore