TheHarrower

UCS Star Destroyer Technic frame

Aloha!

If you're willing, I'm in need of some help.

So I took notice on the UCS Star Destroyer of how the underside of the stern has a bend to its technic frame. Is there any way to fix this or did I miss a step in building?

Heres the link to the image.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190338748@N06/51079892257/in/dateposted-public/

Edited by TheHarrower
Missing information

That’s the type of bow you get when the technic beams are attached a pin or two away from where it’s meant to be. You’ll need to carefully go through the instructions to find where you’ve gone wrong or take it apart and build it again. 

As others have said it looks like you're 2 pins out. I'm in the middle or re-engineering mine as I've heard it bows over time anyway so I'm adding more support beams plus I want a smoother look on the surfaces so going to order a load of 6180's, 6178's and 6205's plus smaller smooth tiles

There doesn't seem to be anything off, compared to the instructions. What happens if you unattach those two orange pins? does the frame straighten by itself or does it stay bent? 

CBX2I.png?trs=e1b3c10675f16be0c0748735f9

Not sure whether this is still relevant considering the original date of the post but the sagging of that part has been recognized in certain reviews and I also came across it, though to a much less degree.

The solution was extra bracing. You can attach a couple of 3L beams to the sides of that yellow H-shaped liftarm and then run a couple of 5 (or 7) length beams right down and attach them similarly to the 9L black ones in front. Or any other combination that might work for you with the pieces you have.

On 4/28/2021 at 3:33 AM, thire5 said:

There doesn't seem to be anything off, compared to the instructions. What happens if you unattach those two orange pins? does the frame straighten by itself or does it stay bent? 

CBX2I.png?trs=e1b3c10675f16be0c0748735f9

If the pins are removed, both panels will drop. 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:44 AM, XenoRad said:

Not sure whether this is still relevant considering the original date of the post but the sagging of that part has been recognized in certain reviews and I also came across it, though to a much less degree.

The solution was extra bracing. You can attach a couple of 3L beams to the sides of that yellow H-shaped liftarm and then run a couple of 5 (or 7) length beams right down and attach them similarly to the 9L black ones in front. Or any other combination that might work for you with the pieces you have.

Still relevant. Theres no expiration date hahaha 

I'll try that and let you know what happens.

Hi all, found this thread since I was also facing a similar issue.

In case anyone is still looking for the solution, you could double-check the vertical red technic beam in step 68. Mine was apparently one stud too low, this bends the bottom part while still allowing it to connect.