snaillad

MOC: Village Grocers

Hello all!

I've made my own grocery store after being inspired by the real Lego modular version and also small display holiday village models that are usually exaggerated in colours/shapes/signage and more. In this case I chose not to light it but in the future maybe! :laugh:

I've tried a couple of techniques that were new to me here, such as the windows made up of trans plates and also a deep sloped roof. Anyway, a couple of pictures this time;

51076476622_abb82a6817_z.jpg

51076379551_d062b0ff0d_z.jpg

They can also be viewed at different resolution and all my other creations on my flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Cheers!

Really nice! I especially like the blue windows.

Edited by STHLM

On 3/28/2021 at 3:21 PM, caiman0637 said:

Wow, what a great little grocery store!

On 3/29/2021 at 10:55 PM, peedeejay said:

Lovely. The roof is especially well made!

On 3/30/2021 at 8:25 AM, STHLM said:

Really nice! I especially like the blue windows.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:08 PM, JintaiZ said:

Great build like always! :pir-love:

On 4/4/2021 at 4:45 AM, NewTown said:

Amazing colour selection like usual. Beautiful!

Thanks guys, appreciated!

Very charming!! :sweet: The architecture style and color palette reminds me of those cozy looking LEMAX miniature buildings, which I don't see captured this well in LEGO form that often!

Love it!  I always enjoy seeing these houses with deep sloped roofs - round me they rarely exceed 45 degrees so these are quite unusual.  Your choice of colour palette is also brilliant, really making it pop.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:53 AM, twrt0es said:

That roof is really cool. I love how the chimney connects.

Thank you!

On 4/6/2021 at 6:12 AM, lightningtiger said:

Beautiful simply beautiful.

BRICK ON snaillad 

Cheers @lightningtiger

On 4/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, ExeSandbox said:

Very charming!! :sweet: The architecture style and color palette reminds me of those cozy looking LEMAX miniature buildings, which I don't see captured this well in LEGO form that often!

I'm glad you noticed. I've looked at a LOT of Lemax building prior to and whilst building this. They were a big inspiration. Thank you!

On 4/6/2021 at 12:33 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Love it!  I always enjoy seeing these houses with deep sloped roofs - round me they rarely exceed 45 degrees so these are quite unusual.  Your choice of colour palette is also brilliant, really making it pop.

Yeah, a lot of the Lemax buildings have high pitched roofs so I guess that is what I was going for here. I think it works well on a narrow building but would end up being huge on anything wider!

This is great!  As has been noted, the color palette is lovely, the overall building shape/design is charming and well-executed, and the details like those little flower pots keep every bit quite interesting.  Fantastic build!  :sweet: