Ecclesiastes

GOH Anniversary, 1st count down challenges.

51216391996_28eb16e1a4.jpg

My first build for Historica in way too long, but it definitely calls for more!

It's great to see all this activity, and one of the original founders @Si-MOCs as well!!

I was able to build my tower, but not really photograph it well (pardon the horrible lighting). 

I revisited my original tower entry 10 years ago.

51217830410_e651a83d43_b.jpg

So, Challenge I is now closed, right?
Waiting for the opening of Challenge II, scheduled to start July 1st? @Ecclesiastes, my master, please put our minds to ease. 

Just confirming so I can open up space in my building calendar. Time to sort and prepare.
Skol!

On 5/31/2021 at 8:26 PM, Rogue Angel said:

It's great to see all this activity, and one of the original founders @Si-MOCs as well!!

I was able to build my tower, but not really photograph it well (pardon the horrible lighting). 

I revisited my original tower entry 10 years ago.

Love the tower!  Just because you can't officially enter due to your admin status doesn't mean we shouldn't comment on your builds, and I think it means we should go out of our way to comment to say thank you for all that you do behind the scenes around here!  You have a great irregular base and have done a nice job interspersing the green and bright green in the foliage at the bottom.  The cross shaped balconies over the top of the round tower look great, and I like how you incorporated the new green and white curved slope corners into the canopy.  The large sloping canopy looks fantastic, too.  What are the large inverted slope pieces?  I'm not sure I've seen those before.  Nice work, and I hope to see more from you in the future!

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Love the tower!  Just because you can't officially enter due to your admin status....

He actually can, which is why his tower is also in the voting thread:wink:

35 minutes ago, Ecclesiastes said:

He actually can, which is why his tower is also in the voting thread:wink:

But his tower isn't in the voting thread....

I'm pretty sure I did, because I even changed the size of the picture...:look: Anyway thanks for the heads up.:thumbup:

57 minutes ago, Ecclesiastes said:

I'm pretty sure I did, because I even changed the size of the picture...:look: Anyway thanks for the heads up.:thumbup:

It's showing now!

25 minutes ago, socalbricks said:

Any word on when the second round of challenges will begin?

This Saturday.:thumbup: I'll also announce the winners of the first round on Saturday. So if you haven't voted yet, you still got some time.

And the winners are:

CDC1 Tower: Ayrlego

A landslide victory. Clean photography, great tower, and without using any snow it feels very Mitgardian. Nicely done!

CDC1 Tale: Louis of Nutwood

This category was really exciting, but a win in the end. The love of telling stories and combining that with LEGO resulted in a great entry. Well done!

Congratulations Ayrlego and Louis of Nutwood!  (And great entries from everyone!)

22 hours ago, Ecclesiastes said:

CDC1 Tower: Ayrlego

A landslide victory. Clean photography, great tower, and without using any snow it feels very Mitgardian. Nicely done!

CDC1 Tale: Louis of Nutwood

This category was really exciting, but a win in the end. The love of telling stories and combining that with LEGO resulted in a great entry. Well done!

I'm humbled for being chosen, distinguished Guild members. 
I build for the glory of this world, and for the glory of Mitgardia! Ahooo!

May our tales and towers bring the strength and inspiration to wash away the dirt and fight another battle.
Wield your brick separators! And join us, brave builders, for this is just the beginning. 
With each coming battle we pave our way into Valhalla. 

I salute you, mighty rulers of this world @Ecclesiastes, for blurring the lines between fantasy and reality.
I salute you, great builders, for being the true architects of this world, expanding it with your values, bricks and blood. I drink from your pool of creativity and rejoice in your energy.
This night, we celebrate. 
Skol!

Congratulations to two worthy winners! 
I hope we can keep (or increase) this level of participation throughout the 10 year anniversary :sweet: