Ecclesiastes

GOH Anniversary, 1st count down challenges.

Awesome, I needed a challenge to get back to posting here. Been way to lazy lately with GoH-builds...Started working on a tower now so this should be fun :sweet:. And I’ll continue to push @Gideon to build so Kali can rise to its proper place as the number one guild! :grin:

I posted this a couple weeks ago, but I'll link it here in case people are using this thread to find submissions.

On 5/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, adde51 said:

Awesome, I needed a challenge to get back to posting here. Been way to lazy lately with GoH-builds...Started working on a tower now so this should be fun :sweet:. And I’ll continue to push @Gideon to build so Kali can rise to its proper place as the number one guild! :grin:

I'm feeling the pressure! And a tower is starting to take shape here too... :classic:

My build is progressing as well, but boy it's almost half May... I better start speeding up! :oh3: :laugh:

Hello everyone, long time of not building in Historica.
This is a start. :cry_happy:

Looks like I'm not going to be moving, at least immediately, so I have been able to finish several projects and am now posting them!

Edited by Grover

Just a technical question. If say some had built a fairly large tower and some surrounding, put everything together and taken pictures of it, but somehow forgot to put a flag with the guild-colours on top, how much of an issue would that be? It’s pretty obvious which guild the build represents so that itself shouldn’t be an issue. Just don’t want to stumble on a technicality. Asking for a friend of course...:grin:  Maybe @Ecclesiastes has the answer? 

Edited by adde51

9 hours ago, adde51 said:

Just a technical question. If say some had built a fairly large tower and some surrounding, put everything together and taken pictures of it, but somehow forgot to put a flag with the guild-colours on top, how much of an issue would that be? It’s pretty obvious which guild the build represents so that itself shouldn’t be an issue. Just don’t want to stumble on a technicality. Asking for a friend of course...:grin: 

I'd just color the border of the picture with your guild colors in photoshop! :grin:

Entry number one as I await the decision on the tower-question... :laugh:

On 5/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, adde51 said:

Just a technical question. If say some had built a fairly large tower and some surrounding, put everything together and taken pictures of it, but somehow forgot to put a flag with the guild-colours on top, how much of an issue would that be? It’s pretty obvious which guild the build represents so that itself shouldn’t be an issue. Just don’t want to stumble on a technicality. Asking for a friend of course...:grin:  Maybe @Ecclesiastes has the answer? 

You can tell your friend that a flag isn't mandatory:wink:

19 hours ago, TalusMoonbreaker said:

For the tower challenge is it ok to only build part of the tower?

If you mean a creative approach like a tower being build or a ruin that's totally fine.

Well, I really wanted to build for this... I finally put some time aside for building and quickly realized that the reason I haven’t built for a while was not for lack of ideas. Good to see GoH continuing though!

19 hours ago, Mike S said:

Well, I really wanted to build for this... I finally put some time aside for building and quickly realized that the reason I haven’t built for a while was not for lack of ideas. Good to see GoH continuing though!

Good to see you around again! This is just the first part, so the second part of the challenges might also be inspirational:wink:

6 hours ago, Ecclesiastes said:

Good to see you around again! This is just the first part, so the second part of the challenges might also be inspirational:wink:

😁 I probably should have been more clear. I have plenty of inspiration, just an absolute chaos of a collection, the very expected result of having a family. One of these days, we’ll have our new house built and hopefully eventually return to some form of organization.

I have a confession to make, the flag-question wasn't for my friend...it was for me...:grin:. I know, super-surprising but it's true. Feels so good to come clean about it, haha!

On 3/27/2021 at 4:22 PM, Ecclesiastes said:

Runtime: April and May. Results will be announced in June and July will kick off the second part of the countdown challenges.

So, I suppose this means you can enter as long as it's May 31, at least somewhere in the world, as has been the case for previous contests? (I like the idea that some ridiculously remote island in the middle of the Pacific gets to decide when it's time to stop building :grin::innocent:)

@adde51 

Spoiler

hKeHqvC.gif

:tongue:

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

So, I suppose this means you can enter as long as it's May 31, at least somewhere in the world, as has been the case for previous contests? (I like the idea that some ridiculously remote island in the middle of the Pacific gets to decide when it's time to stop building :grin::innocent:)

Yes:wink::thumbup:

Entry for GOH's Anniversary Challenge: CDC1 Tower: The Last Eye, Ütoverögat.

Entry for GOH's Anniversary Challenge: CDC1 Tale: Daemon's Throne.

Edited by Louis of Nutwood

a mysterious wanderer emerges from the Siccus Badlands

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I've got till the end of the day, correct?

Yes, as long as it's May 31st anywhere in the world, according to the discussion above.  Looking forward to seeing your entry!