Ecclesiastes

GOH Anniversary, 1st count down challenges.

Voting starts! Great work everyone!:excited:

Tower

Tale

50808155792_7b574cb6e3_w.jpg

It's almost an amazing 10 years ago since the first members settled in Historica. So, of course, we are going to celebrate this in a fantastic way in October with some amazing prizes. October is still far away, so to kick-off there will be two rounds of challenges.

Just for fun, but also as a mandatory threshold to participate in the last round. You need to have at least 3 Guild mocs! This can be free builds, but easier is just joining the fun with these new challenges. So new and old members, have fun and start building for the glory of Mitgardia!!! Or of course a guild of your choice:tongue:

Runtime: April and May. Results will be announced in June and July will kick off the second part of the countdown challenges.

Category 1: Build a tower. (post topic as CDC1 Tower:"moc-name")
The very first task was to build a watchtower. Build a tower in whatever way you like, watchtower, wizard's tower, lighthouse. As long as it's a tower. Don't forget to put your Guilds flag on top;) 

Category 2: Old tales. (post topic as CDC1 Tale:"moc-name")
Legends of fierce heroes, evil foes, and scary creatures which once dwelled in the lands of Historica. Build a part of Historica's history, no size limit.

Winners of both categories get two of those shiny new Falcon Knights and a Guilds of Historica Brick.

51063084571_ae828d5f66_c.jpg

Excellent!  This is great!  I'm excited to see all the builds!

I'm a little bummed, since I am likely moving in the middle of Part 1, so I may not be able to participate.  If I don't participate in Part 1, can I participate in Part 2 later?

Thanks for setting this up!

Smells like excitement in here! :poke::excited: I'd like to say that I'll cook up something, but I still have a lot of business in Nocty to attend to... so I's a maybe for now. :tongue:

6 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Smells like excitement in here! :poke::excited: I'd like to say that I'll cook up something, but I still have a lot of business in Nocty to attend to... so I's a maybe for now. :tongue:

They never said which guild you could build for... and since Nocturnus was alive in Book I, I would think you should be able to build there... :classic:

Well, this is exciting! :sweet:

Hard to believe it's been 10 years though.  I feel old all of a sudden. :sad:

2 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

Well, this is exciting! :sweet:

Hard to believe it's been 10 years though.  I feel old all of a sudden. :sad:

Indeed, where did the years go?!
Though personally, I still feel young :wink::grin:

I'm back. Mini-dark age. Whole thing. Role-building games seem to be dying left and right and I'm sad to see it, though it was already starting to happen last time I was around.

Anyway, I think I can manage a build for this.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:19 AM, Lego David said:

Are digital entries allowed?

Yes:thumbup:

On 3/28/2021 at 5:02 PM, Grover said:

Excellent!  This is great!  I'm excited to see all the builds!

I'm a little bummed, since I am likely moving in the middle of Part 1, so I may not be able to participate.  If I don't participate in Part 1, can I participate in Part 2 later?

Thanks for setting this up!

Yes, no worries. You have plenty of builds. The rule for having a few Guild-related builds is so people won't just enter for prizes in the last challenge.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:57 PM, Exetrius said:

It will be good to see some new Nocturnus builds!

2 hours ago, mccoyed said:

I'm back. Mini-dark age. Whole thing. Role-building games seem to be dying left and right and I'm sad to see it, though it was already starting to happen last time I was around.

Good to have you back!:classic:

Ooh, Thor All-Mighty! Strike your hammer and wake us up! The challenges are back!

I’ll scratch the dust out of me beard and clean me working place for it is time to build again. Oooh, to rampage into the exciting world that is to put brick on top of brick and tell the tales of the old and the new. Pheew! I needed this. Odin knows how much I needed this. 

So, just to be clear: This first round with two categories is:
Due May 31st?
No size limits for both cats?
Are we allowed to submit more than one build per cat?
Are we allowed to build for both cats?

Oooh, the glory! The excitement! The anticipation of a new building day! 

Skol, Guild Members! May a strike of creativity and inspiration shine upon us all. 

Hey there, my following of Guilds of Historica is sloppy at best, but I did occasionally look at the builds and challenges during the past 10 years - even entered the ? anniversary CMF challenge ...

I've just finished my huge sorting project and I decided to take a little break from the galaxy far far away and do some castle builds.

Since I like to have a higher cause to get me into building these challenges sound just like the right thing.

I do have some questions before committing though:
- what are the states of the Guilds? I would not like to join the strongest one but also not a completely dead one. I do like all the environments so I can't make my decision based just on that.
- since my inactive following of the story, can someone point me to some important events of the GoH that I can try recreating for the second category?

Thanks for the answers in advance! (:

15 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

And to add to that, can a submission contain more than 1 build, especially for the history part?

15 hours ago, MstrOfPppts said:

- what are the states of the Guilds? I would not like to join the strongest one but also not a completely dead one. I do like all the environments so I can't make my decision based just on that.
- since my inactive following of the story, can someone point me to some important events of the GoH that I can try recreating for the second category?

All the guilds have been a little slow lately, but the last free-build period (an extra long one, recently ended and still under judging) had 2 builds from Varlyrio, 25 Avalonia, 33 Kaliphlin, 48 Mitgardia.

I think Mitgardia is almost for sure the strongest right now, with several fairly active builders.  Kaliphlin had two very active builders @adde51 and @jtooker but builds from others are (to my shame!) very rare (31 out of 33 were built by adde and jtooker!).  Avalonia's main builder this last period was @Zilmrud but they had four or five others.  Varlyrio has been slow in free builds, obviously, but they did have a challenge, so that sucked away some of their members' energies I think.  Still, I think they are the least active guild right now, although Kaliphlin is also slow.

Nocturnus, by the way, is closed for membership although you are welcome to have a sig-fig originally from Nocty and are always welcome to build in Nocty.

If you look at the first post of the Kaliphlin thread, that starts off with a brief guild history (which is probably also posted in other places, but it's at the tips of my fingers there).  This recaps the first Book mostly, kind of skips the second book which had a lot of a spotlight on Kaliphlin.  That part of the lore is covered under Section Three in the Kali thread.

After that, we've had a Queen and five challenges whose general theme has been, will the Queen stay in power?  So far, so good.

Challenge I - A Time To Rebuild
Challenge II - Bread and Circuses
Challenge III - What Will Tomorrow Bring?
Challenge IV - The Turning Point
Challenge V - Intrigue on the Island Guild

Tl;dr: Just join Kaliphlin. :laugh:

Varlyrio has sunk that far, eh? It was slow and had fewer active members even 2-3 years ago. Seems like a lot of people have moved on. :(

How great! That's amazing news and I'm eager to see what everyone will come up with (especially in the Tales task)!
Hopefully I'll find some time to build between the end of the renovation of our house and the beginning of the landscaping of the garden...:moar:

On 3/31/2021 at 6:37 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Ooh, Thor All-Mighty! Strike your hammer and wake us up! The challenges are back!

I’ll scratch the dust out of me beard and clean me working place for it is time to build again. Oooh, to rampage into the exciting world that is to put brick on top of brick and tell the tales of the old and the new. Pheew! I needed this. Odin knows how much I needed this. 

So, just to be clear: This first round with two categories is:
Due May 31st?
No size limits for both cats?
Are we allowed to build for both cats?

Oooh, the glory! The excitement! The anticipation of a new building day! 

Skol, Guild Members! May a strike of creativity and inspiration shine upon us all. 

Due May 31st? YES
No size limits for both cats? YES
Are we allowed to submit more than one build per cat? YES
Are we allowed to build for both cats? Preferably

On 3/31/2021 at 10:18 PM, dathil said:

And to add to that, can a submission contain more than 1 build, especially for the history part?

Yes!:thumbup:

17 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Can the tower be any scale, like microscale, or does it have to be minifig scale?

Microscale would be original so definitely yes!

To enter we just have to have 3 builds total right? Not 3 recent builds?

11 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

To enter we just have to have 3 builds total right? Not 3 recent builds?

Right! So you are good already, with plenty of past builds :wink::thumbup:

Oh, new challenges!
That's usually what gets me out of my repeating mini-dark ages :wink: 
(And shame on me for checking the GoH forum this irregularly so I didn't see it until today...)

Good to hear anyway that old Kali had more builds than the tree-huggers, kudos to the two of you who have held the blue and red colors high!

On 3/30/2021 at 7:34 PM, mccoyed said:

So good to see you back in the guilds! :dsweet:

On 4/24/2021 at 2:58 PM, Gideon said:

Oh, new challenges!
That's usually what gets me out of my repeating mini-dark ages :wink: 
(And shame on me for checking the GoH forum this irregularly so I didn't see it until today...)

Good to hear anyway that old Kali had more builds than the tree-huggers, kudos to the two of you who have held the blue and red colors high!

And Gideon too! This challenge is going to be amazing :sweet:

Here's my contribution for the Tower category:

51149913572_49172f3175_c.jpg