Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71030 LEGO Minifigures - Looney Tunes Series 1

71030 LEGO MINIFIGURES - LOONEY TUNES SERIES 1  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Looney Tunes Series 1?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Looney Tunes Series 1?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series

Dear all, 

I have added the minifigure - Wile E. Coyote, which just arrived at my door step just awhile ago. This will complete the overall review footage with the additional images. The review has been updated to include the following segment. I strongly believe this is an isolated batch error and I am currently verifying this information with our LEGO Ambassador, Jim. Hence, I cannot confirm the distribution ratio after receiving one unit of that particular missing minifigure. 

3) Wile E. Coyote (unavailable in this review) - post-review note: added on 16 April 2021, after TLG has sent this minifigure to me
51118886916_f69e56965e_o_d.jpg

I am very pleased that LEGO CEE has provided us the missing minifigure and I have taken these simple set of photos without my elaborate setup. Hence, this minifigure is a little bit short of the images but I do hope it will provide you with a complete insight on the entire series. I reckon and believe the boxes which the community receive is an isolated batch error, but I am unable to really confirm this at this point.

I am very pleased with the overall accuracy of Wile E. Coyote mold especially the design of the head. He is part of the duo which feature Road Runner as he is always up to his cunning schemes to capture and outwit Road Runner with his devious tactics which will lead to its ultimate feast. 

Parts assortment
51118794388_d214280539_o_d.jpg
The parts are pretty average. The brick built anvil is a nice touch as most of his traps are associated with that. I did wish we can see an ACME explosive instead. That will be much better. It also include a tail at the back. You can view more of the details from the side view and back view respectively. 

Parts assortment
51118794358_e7d282df5d_o_d.jpg

WhiteFang

Thanks for another great CMF review, WhiteFang. Stellar as always.

For me personally, this series is the absolute worst they have done so far. Except for the great cheese slopes actually printed as cheese, this series has zero figures or parts of usage to me.

I found a box today at my local Walmart. It looks like it was put out a day or two ago. And I did found Mr. Coyote but don't remember feeling any Road Runner, so I am starting wonder if the "missing" characters has the same issue here in the States but reverse. I am thinking someone will need to confirm the distribution for boxes in the States. 

On 4/18/2021 at 8:50 AM, Hive said:

For me personally, this series is the absolute worst they have done so far. Except for the great cheese slopes actually printed as cheese, this series has zero figures or parts of usage to me.

Not even Daffy’s legs? Like for a fireman or something? Or the Rabbit Season sign for a restaurant? Porky Pig with the That’s all Folks! sign for in a movie theatre?

On 4/18/2021 at 2:50 PM, Hive said:

Thanks Hive. Aww, other than cheese slope? There are some great printed parts but even though not quite a lot of them. 

13 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I found a box today at my local Walmart. It looks like it was put out a day or two ago. And I did found Mr. Coyote but don't remember feeling any Road Runner, so I am starting wonder if the "missing" characters has the same issue here in the States but reverse. I am thinking someone will need to confirm the distribution for boxes in the States. 

Thanks for the update. I hope the Road Runner is not going to be missing in some of the boxes. We just have to await for more of the other distribution reports. 

2 hours ago, Borex said:

Not even Daffy’s legs? Like for a fireman or something? Or the Rabbit Season sign for a restaurant? Porky Pig with the That’s all Folks! sign for in a movie theatre?

Ditto. I agree with the usage of the sign for restaurant and movie theatre. 

7 hours ago, Borex said:

You're trying hard to make parts fit - but if you think about it, none of them really scream "you must have me for your city!" like so many parts from these series usually do. :classic:

Except for, again, the excellent cheese. I will have to get me some of those.

3 minutes ago, Hive said:

You're trying hard to make parts fit - but if you think about it, none of them really scream "you must have me for your city!" like so many parts from these series usually do. :classic:

Except for, again, the excellent cheese. I will have to get me some of those.

;-) i tried!

9 hours ago, Hive said:

I agree with you in general, but will add that Marvin's legs (if you don't mind cartoony shoes) and Lola's legs and torso work. Marvin might be the one I get in this whole series.

Thank you for awesome review!! I’m looking forward to get my hands on some certain characters soon. According to LEGO Shop, Series will be launched on April 26, yay!

A little late to the party, but as always, thanks a million for the review!

As for the series - nope, it aint doing nothing for me.

I did watch Looney Tunes a lot, but I have never heard about Marvin, and as I didnt watch Space Jam, Lola is also unfamiliar to me. 

Danish Supermarkets dont sell boxes, only strips with single bags, but I was lucky, in that the 16 bags I bought, I got all 12 figures.

Normally I buy all CMF figures in multiples, but not this one. As others have said, there is nothing that could be useable in other settings.