BrickBob Studpants

FRIENDS 2021 - Rumours & Discussion

If I counted correctly, the whole thing is around 80 studs wide, so it narrowly won't fit in my display cabinet (<73 studs) :hmpf_bad: Now I need to improvise :snicker:

Know nothing about Friends, but does anyone know if those microfigs in the foosball table(?) are new? I collect those so i really hope so, haven't had a new one in a while.

40 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Who’s the character in dark blue near the foosball table?

It's Phoebe's Gladys artwork.

This set is above and beyond anything I was expecting. For a Friends fan, it looks magnificent.

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's Phoebe's Gladys artwork.

Thanks! Trust me to not realise I already read the comments about it on the previous page, and actually having watched the whole series again recently, didn’t realise what Gladys was.

No Marcel, but I can live with that.

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

No Marcel, but I can live with that.

He might be on the balcony, but I'm not sure

OH. MY. GOD. Both appartments and Joey wearing all of Chandler’s clothes! This is better than any of us could’ve asked for. No bedrooms is annoying but again it’s BOTH apartments! Would’ve loved to see Mike and Emma over Janice but still this is amazing. Gladys, the canoe, the chicken and duck, the detail here is brilliant. Doesn’t look like the two apartments can be separated but should be easy enough to MOC.

Edited by Brikkyy13

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Doesn’t look like the two apartments can be separated but should be easy enough to MOC.

They have to be able to be separated though, how else are you supposed to transport the set? :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

OH. MY. GOD. Both appartments and Joey wearing all of Chandler’s clothes! This is better than any of us could’ve asked for. No bedrooms is annoying but again it’s BOTH apartments! Would’ve loved to see Mike and Emma over Janice but still this is amazing. Gladys, the canoe, the chicken and duck, the detail here is brilliant. Doesn’t look like the two apartments can be separated but should be easy enough to MOC.

I'm going to MOC a Mike using the Scott Lang head and the Flynn Rider hairpiece (Han Solo's hair but in a darker brown), and some causal clothes!

Bit sad about the bedrooms but they'll be easier to MOC compared to trying to MOC Joey's apartment, I'm so excited about this set!

I need to see better photos but I think the bathrooms are missing too. Monica’s definitely doesn’t have one, but it’s meant to be tucked away and unseen anyway. Joey’s can usually be seen though so it’s absence is unfortunate. Still doesn’t change my initial reaction to the set. 

@Brikkyy13 yeah the bathrooms are missing Joey’s is the door with the tennis racket in front of it and Monica’s is behind the fridge .. seems as though Lego have just done the main apartment rooms .. but like you I’m still loving the set overall 😁

Honestly there are not many scenes in the bedrooms or bathrooms. I don't recall ever seeing the inside of Joey and Chandler's bathroom. There are some good scenes in Rachel and Monica's bathroom though. It's just quite hidden when the set is on display so I understand them not including it. 

The main setting left after this set would be one of Ross's 2nd apartment, the one across the street. That would honestly be a pretty small set since it would only need to be the living room. I doubt they'll make a set of that but it is amazing we're getting a set of the main two apartments, so who knows!

This set looks absolutely amazing! Central Perk was such a great set to build and probably one of my favorite ones in the collection. Both of the apartments look so detailed and colorful, and the hallway in between them is a nice touch. From what I can see of the figures, they all look great as well.

This and Ninjago City Gardens are really going to be competing for my favorite set of the year, not to mention the rumored Star Wars and Marvel stuff as well as the minifig-scaled Tumbler.

I'm thinking about the ways to fit the Central Perk and this set into one modular and looks like there's no way... :) This is the only problem I see about this awesome set (and maybe the frame sticker on a door)

22 minutes ago, adwind said:

I'm thinking about the ways to fit the Central Perk and this set into one modular and looks like there's no way... :) This is the only problem I see about this awesome set (and maybe the frame sticker on a door)

I really hope that there's some kind of official solution for this. Would be a smart move by Lego in my opinion...

10 hours ago, Kallego said:

I really hope that there's some kind of official solution for this. Would be a smart move by Lego in my opinion...

That would be a smart move! There are quite awesome MOCs on the web with the Central Perk and a Big Bang Theory in one building and I would love to make something similar with this new set too...

There's not going to be an official solution for combining these two sets or somehow building them into a building. If you want to do it, you'll have to MOC it.

In what sense do you want to combine them anyway? Are the apartments and the café in the same building in-universe or is it because the studio sets were most likely in the same building? :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In what sense do you want to combine them anyway? Are the apartments and the café in the same building in-universe or is it because the studio sets were most likely in the same building? :laugh:

I'd like a nice way to keep these sets in my city, so I'm looking for a way to MOC them into one building. Just like that very nice MOC combining BBT and Central Perk... why would combining those? Because it's a nice way to have your favorite characters on your city... basically when you build your own city you create a unique cross-universe. I wasn't expecting them to make an official solution for these purposes.  

Edited by adwind

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In universe, the apartments are above the cafe. But the exterior shots of the apartment building makes it a corner building and in no way would ever be able to accommodate the shape of the front of Central Perk. If you google it, you can see the real building they used for external shots in New York. It looks cool. I tried making my own version to also accommodate the shape of Central Perk. I was not as pleased as I could have been.

I love it! So many amazing details and references :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

I love how many people in the comments on Brickset are saying "my wife loves Friends", "my wife loves the Central Perk", "I loved building the first one together with my wife, so we'll get this"....

And I myself came here to say my wife loves Friends and the Central Perk so I'll definitely have to get her this! :laugh:

I'm so glad they did a new, unique face for Rachel this time. That figure is so good all round.

It feels less dense than the Central Perk but that's ok. So many details to pore over.

Absolutely amazing, a must have set IMO. The figures are brilliant, glad the build can be separated. The chopstick poking device and the cat:pir-love:. Day 1 buy for me. My only nitpicks after seeing these photos: that clearly isn’t a duck, the entertainment unit that Joey built isn’t there (I suppose that’s why the canoe is) and Chandler’s door is all in one piece. 

Very nice actually! Would be funny to have a sticker on Chandler's room door to represent it's not a one piece any more :)

Would love to have that yellow frame on a door as a print though. And yeah the duck... doesn't look right. The rest is awesome.