BrickBob Studpants

FRIENDS 2021 - Rumours & Discussion

On 4/7/2021 at 11:37 PM, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Don't forget the biggest culprit minecraft

To be fair there, it was Mojang themselves who made the original submission.

Just saw the figure leaks on instagram today... Janice's face is perfect. Never would've expected to get a minifigure of her, gives me hope for Newman or Mickey in the upcoming Seinfeld set. A new Friends set really slipped under the radar if its coming out next month and we know nothing about it. If it really is double the size of the central perk set I'm excited, would that be enough parts to do both Joey and Rachel's apartments together? Next to no info on this one floating around, can't wait for the reveal.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:56 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

To be fair there, it was Mojang themselves who made the original submission.

Just saw the figure leaks on instagram today... Janice's face is perfect. Never would've expected to get a minifigure of her, gives me hope for Newman or Mickey in the upcoming Seinfeld set. A new Friends set really slipped under the radar if its coming out next month and we know nothing about it. If it really is double the size of the central perk set I'm excited, would that be enough parts to do both Joey and Rachel's apartments together? Next to no info on this one floating around, can't wait for the reveal.

Might just be Monicas if they do the kitchen and living area, the window and balcony, the bathroom and the bedrooms. 

4 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Might just be Monicas if they do the kitchen and living area, the window and balcony, the bathroom and the bedrooms. 

Depends on how much detail they’re going for. A lot of parts would go into decorating Monica’s place for sure, if they go all out with it they might not even have enough parts to do the bedrooms. Central Perk had a few little side builds so if they want to go that route that’ll take up parts too. Holding out hope for Joey’s to be included but at the end of the day I’m excited just to be getting another Friends set. 

I don’t think the bedrooms will be included because Monica’s wouldn’t be seen when you have it on display, assuming that the build is a similar stage-type style like Central Perk. I also don’t think either bedroom would look particularly interesting in Lego form, so personally I wouldn’t want part of the piece count to go to that. I think Joey and Chandler’s apartment is possible, but I’m not sure. They could honestly make that its own set to wrap a bow on this little Friends theme.

Edited by The Stud

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

I don’t think the bedrooms will be included because Monica’s wouldn’t be seen when you have it on display, assuming that the build is a similar stage-type style like Central Perk. I also don’t think either bedroom would look particularly interesting in Lego form, so personally I wouldn’t want part of the piece count to go to that. I think Joey and Chandler’s apartment is possible, but I’m not sure. They could honestly make that its own set to wrap a bow on this little Friends theme.

Yeah I'm expecting the main set, Monica's apartment has so many little details and ornaments, the kitchen is well stocked, so they could really go all out and make it look cosy and homely. The bedrooms don't show up as much, I just hope they include the big window at the back.

1 hour ago, drewdotexe said:

Yeah I'm expecting the main set, Monica's apartment has so many little details and ornaments, the kitchen is well stocked, so they could really go all out and make it look cosy and homely. The bedrooms don't show up as much, I just hope they include the big window at the back.

I hope you're right, the main apartment is what I would really want. I really hope the balcony is included!

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

If they do Joey and Chandler's, they should also do Ross' apartment as well. Not as iconic, but would be weird for all of them to have a home except one.

If they did Ross’s apartment then why not Phoebe’s? And then Monica’s parents? I agree with @The Stud even though I would like this set to be both Monica’s and Joey’s, doing the two separately is perfect and realistically it’s probably all the mileage they could get out of the theme. As much as I love the show I don’t think I would buy Ross’s apartment. I think the initial leak specifically said “Monica’s apartment” so at the very least we’ll get the kitchen and the lounge room, and it will almost certainly be enclosed like Central Perk so the window is a given, the balcony might not be. Given the Monica figure is wearing an apron the kitchen will almost certainly be decked out, as it should be. Now, what about figures? We’re getting Janice, so with the 6 friends that brings it up to 7 which is the same as the central perk. With the increased price point I would expect more figures but we all know how LEGO likes to skimp on the minis. I’m already over the moon to see Janice, but in a perfect world we’d get Mike and Emma as well.

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

If they did Ross’s apartment then why not Phoebe’s? And then Monica’s parents? I agree with @The Stud even though I would like this set to be both Monica’s and Joey’s, doing the two separately is perfect and realistically it’s probably all the mileage they could get out of the theme. As much as I love the show I don’t think I would buy Ross’s apartment. I think the initial leak specifically said “Monica’s apartment” so at the very least we’ll get the kitchen and the lounge room, and it will almost certainly be enclosed like Central Perk so the window is a given, the balcony might not be. Given the Monica figure is wearing an apron the kitchen will almost certainly be decked out, as it should be. Now, what about figures? We’re getting Janice, so with the 6 friends that brings it up to 7 which is the same as the central perk. With the increased price point I would expect more figures but we all know how LEGO likes to skimp on the minis. I’m already over the moon to see Janice, but in a perfect world we’d get Mike and Emma as well.

Mike might be easy enough to MOC using the Scott Lang head perhaps? but I don't think he's as iconic as Janice so they might not bother making him for the set?

I don't even know that I'd buy Joey's apartment, the colour scheme doesn't pop, they have 2 reclining chairs, the foosball table and the chick and the duck? Is there anything else of note in that apartment?

Even if the balcony isn't included at least we will hopefully get the large back window! With a decked out kitchen, the bright colour scheme and Monica's wacky furniture, I'm really hoping this set is done justice. 

Edited by drewdotexe

Can you believe I forgot about Phoebe? And she was always my favourite, too. In saying that, all I really remember about her apartment is the fight with the smoke alarm... lol.

For something else iconic from Joey's, the box fort with the crazy hats. They could do a Joey wearing all those clothes of Chandler's.

I definitely feel like it will be just the main living room, kitchen and the balcony. They could do a small portion of the hallway but that’s about it. The rooms, restroom and messy closet would be cool additions but they definitely feel like they will be cut. 

8 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

They could do a Joey wearing all those clothes of Chandler's.

I’m hoping that this is the Joey figure included in the set. If it’s just Monica’s apartment I want to make a stop-motion remake of The One Where No One’s Ready.

There is no way this new set can ever beat the first / current set. 1,000+ pieces, several figures for $60. This new one will probably be like 1800 pieces and $150. haha

25 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m hoping that this is the Joey figure included in the set. If it’s just Monica’s apartment I want to make a stop-motion remake of The One Where No One’s Ready.

That would be a good variant but judging by Monica and Janice figs, it seems like the other characters will be based on Season 7. 

2 hours ago, Just_a_brick said:

That would be a good variant but judging by Monica and Janice figs, it seems like the other characters will be based on Season 7. 

The figures in the Central Perk set were all from different seasons.

24 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The figures in the Central Perk set were all from different seasons.

Ok but most were from early seasons. Joey wearing all of chandler’s clothing was in Season 3. So it’s unlikely to get that variation in this upcoming set. Judging by the leaked figs, we can assume the rest of figs will be based on later seasons. 

Edited by Just_a_brick

14 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

Ok but most were from early seasons. Joey wearing all of chandler’s clothing was in Season 3. So it’s unlikely to get that variation in this upcoming set. Judging by the leaked figs, we can assume the rest of figs will be based on later seasons. 

We’ll have to wait and see. The only thing we know for certain is that LEGO works in mysterious ways, Joey and the rest of the friends might not even be in the set. 

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

We’ll have to wait and see. The only thing we know for certain is that LEGO works in mysterious ways, Joey and the rest of the friends might not even be in the set. 

Huh? 
I think it’s safe to assume that all 6 of the main characters will be featured in the set. 

2 hours ago, Just_a_brick said:

Huh? 
I think it’s safe to assume that all 6 of the main characters will be featured in the set. 

You would think, but this is TLG, nothing is out of the range of possibility.

5 hours ago, Just_a_brick said:

Huh? 

I doubt that all 6 won’t be in the set, but they’re not above leaving out main characters so expect disappointment and you might be pleasantly surprised. Remember, these are the same people who most recently didn’t put Robin in the new Batmobile set.

I know Monica and Janice figs already leaked but it would be cool to have the 6 in their Halloween party costumes (Catwoman, Pink Bunny, Joey as Chandler, Supergirl, Potato Radio).

Ok, so this FRIEnDS set will be released in mid-May for VIP, right? If so, we should see official images soon.

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ok, so this FRIEnDS set will be released in mid-May for VIP, right? If so, we should see official images soon.

True, I guess the reveal will be about one week in advance, so we could see it in two weeks already 😃