Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie99

What old themes should lego bring back?

On 12/13/2017 at 5:30 PM, MAB said:

LOTR/Hobbit/TMTN are all modern ranges, not classics. "Classics" tend to be 1970-90s sets.

Why only this range?What about 2000?Harry Potter?Sorry, i still do not see how you use definition "classic" properly.Every one has his own opinion about this, for me 5 ago is already classic.

"Definition of classic —used to say that something has come to be considered one of the best of its kind. —used to say that something is an example of excellence. —used to describe something that has been popular for a long time"

Edited by Lego Petman
add a quate

On 11/30/2017 at 7:08 AM, LegoMonorailFan said:

I'm surprised more people haven't voted "all". :sceptic: 

That's because everybody has different interests :classic: But why? 

Edited by Perry

On 16/12/2017 at 2:26 PM, Lego Petman said:

Why only this range?What about 2000?Harry Potter?Sorry, i still do not see how you use definition "classic" properly.Every one has his own opinion about this, for me 5 ago is already classic.

"Definition of classic —used to say that something has come to be considered one of the best of its kind. —used to say that something is an example of excellence. —used to describe something that has been popular for a long time"

You are using classic as a description of a set or theme, I am using Classic as a name. You could equally well describe the current Saturn V as a classic set. It is a depiction of a classic era of space travel, and unlikely to be bettered for a long time in (official) LEGO form. However, I expect most people wouldn't call it LEGO Classic Space.

Edited by MAB

7 hours ago, MAB said:

You are using classic as a description of a set or theme, I am using Classic as a name. You could equally well describe the current Saturn V as a classic set. It is a depiction of a classic era of space travel, and unlikely to be bettered for a long time in (official) LEGO form. However, I expect most people wouldn't call it LEGO Classic Space.

Ok. Now i get it!

5 minutes ago, that_lego_builder said:

???

I meant there is an existing topic.

1 hour ago, that_lego_builder said:

oh i did not know

oof

I have merged this with the existing thread. Please take care to search around for existing topics such as this before creating new ones, as often times there are established threads for such questions

1 minute ago, VBBN said:

I have merged this with the existing thread. Please take care to search around for existing topics such as this before creating new ones, as often times there are established threads for such questions

Ok. I understand.