Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

BrickLink Designer Program snubs Pirates - so tell Bricklink what you think in their forum...

Thanks for making this topic and I agree it's a real shame Pirates appear to be snubbed on the Bricklink designer program. I did take the time yesterday to express my frustrations on their survey. Recently, I browsed the 2015 Pirate line and even though the play set designs were weak, the figures and pieces had a lot of charm. The designers should have taken the chance to give us a medium sized Bluecoat ship, among other things. Anyways, lets hope that Bricklink can eventually provide those type of Pirate sets.

Honestly I'm not counting on a rerun anytime soon. My only hope is they'll make a 90 anniversary set for each of the classic themes eventually. Castle probably first (the most popular), Space (the first beside Town) and Pirates last (though they are the first true adventurers!). For some reason Pirates had always a hard time sailing against the winds of the Lego world. After the great initial start with many exotic animals and special moulds most later sets were just simple idea remakes with vessels getting smaller and smaller and more primitive. We never got a decent merchant ship to plunder and the native Islanders hurt probably one of the Lego managers so they had to go over the plank first. But we're a stubborn bunch and we will master what the seas have in store for us! :pir-huzzah2:

8 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Honestly I'm not counting on a rerun anytime soon.

Aye, don't count on anything!

8 hours ago, brimbolet said:

But we're a stubborn bunch and we will master what the seas have in store for us! 

That is correct! So go to the BrickLink Designer Program forum and mention you notice LEGO Pirates are missing - nothing will change if you don't express demand for the product.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:05 AM, brimbolet said:

the native Islanders hurt probably one of the Lego managers

Huh? The Islanders hurt one of the LEGO managers? So, what...? They attacked the manager with their spears?

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Huh? The Islanders hurt one of the LEGO managers? So, what...? They attacked the manager with their spears?

No wonder that Islanders became cannibals in 2011.

3 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

No wonder that Islanders became cannibals in 2011.

Are you implying the Islanders ate a LEGO Manager? :pir-oh3:

24 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Are you implying the Islanders ate a LEGO Manager? :pir-oh3:

Perhaps, who knows how many victims they've had for breakfast? We could do a little research, though - I searched for 'Lego managers that quit in 2011', sadly it was a cold trail, if there could be a list of managers of 2010s, we could pinpoint the right person, thus understanding who was the victim. 

There's one lady I found - Eva Berneke, she joined management in 2011, perhaps she could know something more but since I have no strings to pull in the government, there is no way of getting to her. 

Here's a link for more information: https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/lego-group/management/board-of-directors/Eva-Berneke

8 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

There's one lady I found - Eva Berneke, she joined management in 2011, perhaps she could know something more but since I have no strings to pull in the government, there is no way of getting to her. 

We must send an envoy at once!

1 minute ago, Mister Phes said:

We must send an envoy at once!

Do ye have such power at yer disposal, sire?

1 minute ago, Jack Sassy said:

Do ye have such power at yer disposal, sire?

Jim is in charge of diplomatic relations in these waters!

But we'd do well to craft an intelligent, strategically written communiqué before making contact with such a person.

However, I feel now is not the time.  BrickLink has opened a path of communications so that is the one we should take. For now.

1 minute ago, Mister Phes said:

Jim is in charge of diplomatic relations in these waters!

Ah, but of course!

2 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

BrickLink has opened a path of communications so that is the one we should take. For now.

Lego took over Bricklink for their own advantage, yet here we are using their advantage as our own, turning it against them and making it their weakness. If there was a word to describe this beautiful scheme, then that would be me own invention - Piratepulation! :pir-yoda:

10 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Heh. Bricklink as the pegleg of the LEGO Group.

Aye, could be seen as that. :pir-grin: