Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR ETTC] Vanilla Sorting Plant, Jameston

One of the first things the ETTC did when Jameston was established in 617 was to establish vanilla plantations to exploit Celestia's natural abundance of the valuable spice. Now, these plantations are ready for large scale commercial export. To achieve this, a number of factories will be required to be established to handle the processing of the beans into the popular aromatic spice.

The first stage of processing the 'Queen of Spices' is to sort the beans. A very manual process, workers sort the beans as they arrive from the plantations in the shade of a large warehouse painted in the typical citrus hues of Jameston. They are looking for beans between 10-25cm and discard any that are woody or brown. After sorting, further processing can begin.

51068792773_bc56a38894_b.jpg

So a very long term plan of mine was to establish a flourishing vanilla business on Celestia. It was one of the reasons I chose the island back at the end of 2016! Apart from building my initial plantation; however, I never really got started. Now I hope to continue with further factories showing the process of producing vanilla the spice from the raw product. This is the first (sorting) stage. I think there will be at least another two/three required, for blanching, sweating and drying.

Licensed as a large factory in Jameston for the ETTC.

Lovely build! I really like the bright yellow mixed with the bright greens - really helps concrete the setting as a hot/tropical place. I like that same shutter technique from the last Jameston build. It looks good here too.

The inverted round 1x1 plates under the roofline are fun.

I have some non-TLG yellow masonry profile bricks that would fit right in here :pir-grin:

Excited to see the builds for the next parts of the vanilla process.

Very nice diorama. I like the shape of the building with the tower. With the turban wearers, it looks like from another region of the world. In addition, a beautiful landscape.

Another good one from you...

The roof and the tower are so simple but so beautiful. The towers shutters are great too.

Great render for the base, it looks casual, but there is so much work with crossfade from sandy to greeny.

The professor stated it well. A simple design, executed with an elegant level of detail that brings it all to life. The ground texture looks especially good from the angle of the image. And I'm a big fan of the shutter technique on the tower windows. Well done!

I also really enjoy these builds that explore processes that are directly tied to a realistic economy of the colonial period. I've done a bit of the same with the indigo of Salida Este (I need to backtrack and do the plantation; I did a dye factory and textile mill). I look forward to the future builds in the vanilla process. :thumbup:

The yellow here makes this build pop beautifully - and also incidentally seems quite appropriate for a vanilla sorting plant. :pir-laugh:  I'm impressed how you managed to use two pretty different styles of windows and shutters on the different stories without it looking wrong.  Also nice to see the new tan horse showing up in a build! :pir-grin:

A brilliant build! The colours, texture, shape and base are all top quality, and the fig posing is brilliant too. 

Another classic Ayrlego build! Gorgeous! Yellow as the primary color works so well here and give it a real exotic vibe. It just looks like a clean and well-finished built all around. Beautiful!

Yet another beautiful build. The design of the facilities is nice and those colors really stand out in a good way. And that base looks fantastic. This is a good continuation of the original project. :classic: