I love tractors. I love big scale.... i thought my current project of a xerion using 3rd party 150mm tyres was big.... I'm not even close!!!:roflmao: 

I love the ambition of this moc, it ticks all my boxes, i really hope this succeeds! I've been looking for options for the tracks on an RT or Quadtrac moc on a bigger scale... lots of food for thought in this project!!! 

34 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

I love tractors. I love big scale.... i thought my current project of a xerion using 3rd party 150mm tyres was big.... I'm not even close!!!:roflmao: 

I love the ambition of this moc, it ticks all my boxes, i really hope this succeeds! I've been looking for options for the tracks on an RT or Quadtrac moc on a bigger scale... lots of food for thought in this project!!! 

Thank you for those kind words!

The biggest problem while building for me is the insufficient patience. I really hope I'll make it to a successful end.
Due to its large scale there's a possibility of implementing some interesting details. 

But I'm really afraid of its heavy weight. :sceptic:

I think this project needs an Iron axle for the rearwheels tot handle the weight and the forces while turning     

but what is a nice tractor without implements like a seeder or whatever..  How will you fold out fold in ,raise or lower that with just one pneumatic pump ?

7 minutes ago, Frodman said:

I think this project needs an Iron axle for the rearwheels tot handle the weight and the forces while turning 

Unfortunately, no third-party parts will be used.

8 minutes ago, Frodman said:

but what is a nice tractor without implements like a seeder or whatever..  How will you fold out fold in ,raise or lower that with just one pneumatic pump ?

There is a lot of space, next pump can be added easily :)

Some little progress has been done here.

I still haven't found a proper solution of the rear wheel but this seems to be the best one so far.

IMG_20210401_101435

It's compatible with this track design:

IMG_20210401_102032

IMG_20210401_101833

Here's a picture showing chassis of a bigger version 9RT (8RT's should be similar)

238_6.jpg

And a video showing suspension in action:

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

10 minutes ago, mktechniccreations said:

Why so big tho ? isnt that overkill ? 

The bigger the better. :grin: (Yeah, it's overkill.)

On 3/26/2021 at 3:15 AM, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

My intention was to power the central axle, but I'm not very satisfied with this wheel centre.

rear wheel

Will these large wheels have enough grip?

27 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Will these large wheels have enough grip?

He has shown the new design, few posts above.

Very interesting model. Expecting lots on functions on this, and looking forward to the updates!

PS: Loved that little video! Lots of ideas there for my own mocs... :)

On 4/1/2021 at 4:37 PM, mktechniccreations said:

Why so big tho ? isnt that overkill ? 

Yes is big but that just shows that lego can be done at almost any scale...there is no rule book.

Infact building large scale technic is hard because structures must be strong and sturdy enough usually in all 3 axis so you have to brace things in ways that you dont really see in technic sets, but you have to think about keeping the weight down enough  and how to drive it with motors too

Edited by SNIPE

On 4/1/2021 at 10:35 AM, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

And a video showing suspension in action:

Interesting front suspension!