Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Esl-FB] Ténotclaxcans are going to war

Ténotlaxcans are going to war

Being trained by Felipe de la Manzana and his Lieutenant Basil, the native people of Berelli better known as the Ténotclaxcans are now equiped with fire guns and know how to use them.

A group of 40 men offered their services to the Corrington contingent based on the island.

It was rumored the Redcoats had planned an organised attack against the Oleonese settlement of Aurelia on Berelli.

Since this outpost isn't welcome by the Ténotclaxcans and they are not the best friend of the Blue Empire (the contrary would have been surprising : the religious fanatics of Oleon having been "a bit" too zealous to convert the natives; Ténotclaxcans are not accepting Oleon since this incident) they decided to support Corrington in this campaign.

So, here are some warriors deploying themselves in the dense jungle around Aurelia. Waiting for the Corrington artillery and the rest of the Ténotlaxcans forces.

oC4jG0Oh.jpg

O8cndieh.jpg

This build is meant to illustrate me recruiting men in Elysabethtown and sending them in reinforcement to the Corrington assault of @evancelt here.

There will be another build to show my Natives warriors in the battle.

Some fabulous headgear! Nice build. I like the plants growing out of the side of the base - will have to play around with that myself!

Nice minifigs, a cool mix of classic islanders (with their funny hats) and modern and custom details.

Not completely sure about the story, however... Recruiting natives and sending them against Oleon is perfectly fine, considering the political situation (even if in my opinion we still have to define a little how to mange mercenaries and volunteers, and war in general): we’ll meet on the battlefield, if diplomacy goes wrong.

However, accusing us of forced conversions and religious fanaticism to justify the attack is unfair. I can remember only one episode of religious violence since the very beginning of BoBS, and none against the natives. It is as if I said that the Atwi of Terraversa are angry with Corrington due to single episodes of violence happened once on the other side of the archipelago (or for enslaving and selling Tyree’De women) or that some natives hate Eslandola because your nation exploits them in the mines (it never happened, as we never forcibly converted native). Sorry for the annoying reply, but I think that a RPG only works if we stick to what nations and players actually do, and Oleon trying to forcibly convert Ténotclaxcans is not one of them.

37 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

Nice minifigs, a cool mix of classic islanders (with their funny hats) and modern and custom details.

Not completely sure about the story, however... Recruiting natives and sending them against Oleon is perfectly fine, considering the political situation (even if in my opinion we still have to define a little how to mange mercenaries and volunteers, and war in general): we’ll meet on the battlefield, if diplomacy goes wrong.

However, accusing us of forced conversions and religious fanaticism to justify the attack is unfair. I can remember only one episode of religious violence since the very beginning of BoBS, and none against the natives. It is as if I said that the Atwi of Terraversa are angry with Corrington due to single episodes of violence happened once on the other side of the archipelago (or for enslaving and selling Tyree’De women) or that some natives hate Eslandola because your nation exploits them in the mines (it never happened, as we never forcibly converted native). Sorry for the annoying reply, but I think that a RPG only works if we stick to what nations and players actually do, and Oleon trying to forcibly convert Ténotclaxcans is not one of them.

Wow ! That's a complete answer !

And quite argumented one !

Nice ! I have to answer...

Great you mentioned the point of converting the Natives but... Well... It's a very (very) old story now... It is not well known now I admit it (woof... I feel old now...)

Since the beginning of the game, Berelli was the first island to be explored by the Factions. I decided to create a Native Faction but as it wasn't easy to develop it I turned the natives into allies for my main character. Remember that time around end 2015 or beginning 2016 (if I can recall) Berelli was the first and ONLY territory to explore and develop. It became very priceless to create a colony on it !

Having won some contest and helping the story, I had a real foothold on this Berelli island... So, I tryed to keep the island under Eslandolan power.

Since that period I've made the Ténotclaxcans allied with Eslandola, friendly with Corrington and (sorry about that) Unfriendly with Oleon. I anchored this animosity to try to keep away bluecoats but it didn't worked and a blue settlement went out of the ground. I saw all my attempts to keep a peaceful Native tribe turned to ashes as there is now 3 settlements of 3 different factions in this Berelli/Annetta/ Blueton Island. And all became messy...

And then I stopped building them a story; quit the EGS system to be freely building... And Restarted again building in the EGS.

I will finish by quoting an Oleon player when Dragonstone was founded :

"Since the settlement of Dragonstone and the rest of Blueton Colony, the colony has been under a tense peace, with the colony always alert and ready for an attack by the natives. The natives, also known as the Tenotclaxcans, have been hostile towards Oleanders since the last colonization attempt over a year earlier, which failed after an unknown incident with the natives, causing them to attack the fledgling colony and kill many of its inhabitants. "

in :

But its from an inactive player from a while and published in 2017 ! (Oh my... near 4 years ago... *huh*)

I know you could consider it as a bad news seeing your Faction considered as the bad guys.

But I think I am playing my role correctly in this part of RPG you're claiming.

I know it can be hurting. I am sorry for this. :pir-cry_sad:

It's a game ! It's for fun ! :pir-laugh:

So Please Keymonus !

Please Oleon !

Play the bad guys for once and let us play against you properly ! :pir-vader:

Thank you ! :kahuka:

First of all, excuse me, my answer is exactly the reason why you should NEVER write anything after a bad day at work (but this is not a justification at all). I was unaware of that story and your Tenotclaxcans are (even more) right their hatred for the blue invaders.

The only thing that annoys me a little (not in your story in particular, but more in general) is that all the factions and all the players invade and colonize lands, more or less explicitly subjugating the natives (in an edulcorate way compared to real history, but we are talking of empires invading foreign countries), but when somebody talks of Oleon it always becomes religious persecutions, forced conversions and fanatism, even if we never really did or said anything worse than the others.

Never mind, and please accept my excuses! :cry_sad:

PS See you on the battlefield anyway, it will be an honor sending your natives to their ancestors! :pir_tong2:

Edited by Keymonus

Who says we are the bad guys? We are the good guys! 

In the universe of BoBS, OL is a monarchist faction, just as ESL is a republican faction. And players from each faction are supposed to defend the ideals of their own faction, otherwise, it would be pointless to have different factions. So I wonder why we should be called "bad guys" when we try to restore the monarchy in TV, while you consider yourselves as "good guys" when you guys try to defend your faction's ideals on that island. What's the logic behind it? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are supposed to be in the age of sail, in that era, almost every nation was ruled by a king, besides, when you overthrow a king and put yourself on the throne, as what happened in TV, can't be called a revolution, it's just a shift of power. 

Also, about the attack on Aurelia, do you think it's a good move to start another war while we are in the middle of a peace talk? 

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

Also, about the attack on Aurelia, do you think it's a good move to start another war while we are in the middle of a peace talk? 

Technically the two affairs are simultaneous as the whole would be sorted with the MRCA deadline.

That build is really cool, as already said, all those headgear are really gorgeous ! And I like that base with snoted plants

9 hours ago, Bodi said:

I agree with @Professor Thaum that the two affairs are simultaneous since they are decided at the same time. I think it is important to remember what @Bregir said about Montoya having the ability to call off all offensives underway. He has that ability until the next MRCA deadline... :pir-grin:

This attack on Aurelia is also a reminder that there is a state of war between Corrington and Oleon across the Brick Seas already, even if the matters in Terraversa are currently a point of focus. There are many other settlements in the Brick Seas :pir-blush:

Edited by evancelt

So yes, definitively, these 2 affairs are linked and simultaneous.

I wouldn't have taken part to this assault if there weren't the Terraversa situation ! :pir-grin:

And Sorry guys form Oleon but right now you are the ones who attacked a NPC without somation... That's making you at the eyes of many in the Brick Seas the Bad Guys... :pir-tongue: 

But no offense in that !

be sure of my sincere and friendly play ! :pir-sweet:

9 hours ago, Faladrin said:

But no offense in that !

be sure of my sincere and friendly play !

Biensur, sans rancune, allez on se serra la main.

9 hours ago, Faladrin said:

And Sorry guys form Oleon but right now you are the ones who attacked a NPC without somation...

I beg you pardon, but the current situation in TV is the outcome of OL's adventure started roughly 4 years ago. If you've some time to spare, I suggest you to re-read the RNTC adventure, it's a long and complicated story, involving COR, ESL, TV, Atwi, Loyalists and OL. It'll be quite interesting to find out how this adventure ended in a war.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:20 AM, Bodi said:

It'll be quite interesting to find out how this adventure ended in a war.

To be fair, you did invade Terraversa and forced your way through a Corlander blockade, but I'm just guessing at the reasons here... :pir-wink:

As to various accusations against various factions, I think it is important to note two things: 1) Don't directly accuse anyone of anything they haven't actually done, and 2) be relatively liberal when other players do some level of propaganda against you. It's a fine balance, but to be fair I think all factions have been painted worse by others IC than what has really been the fact. OL will interpret COR actions differently than COR will - etc.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:52 PM, evancelt said:

I think it is important to remember what @Bregir said about Montoya having the ability to call off all offensives underway. He has that ability until the next MRCA deadline... 

Indeed - we are at war - but we have the time between turns to do our diplomacy, as no attacks happens before the deadline has expired. They might be planned, though. Think of them as timed orders.