Berthil

[GBC] Framed Robot Dreams (free instructions)

Great looking module! How does the ball release work? How is it ensured that the ball doesn't get stuck in between the robots' arms?

Excellent and fun! There is something going on under the cone (where the ball sits on) to help release it, looks like it pushes the ball up again ready for the next set of arms. I don't have all the parts to make the full set but will try and make a couple.

H

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

How is it ensured that the ball doesn't get stuck in between the robots' arms?

The light bluish grey lever on the arm at the right hits the angled brick and opens up the clamp to release the ball. 

Wow, this is very nice.

Most of all, I like the diverse robots really looking happy to do what they do.

Best
Thorsten

Excellent work Berthil, as always.  In the video the Black / Yellow robot appears to be camera shy, was this intentional?

Really like the framed version and have started building it. I had gathered all the parts required for the JK version awaiting his promised instructions, I shall build that version when instructions materialise as the curves and shapes of the system bricks are aesthetically pleasing.

Shall post photos of my copy when completed, thank you for making and sharing the instructions.

Best regards 

Forgot to mention how long this six robot version is, very impressive, have been adding (hidden inside) 5L liftarms at the lower 16L tech brick joints for extra strength.

Edited by OneMoreRobot

1 hour ago, OneMoreRobot said:

In the video the Black / Yellow robot appears to be camera shy, was this intentional?

I accidentally bumped of the head of the black robot at the end of the video shoot and did not notice I had put it back the wrong way around until I was finished editing the video :)

Im curious if there is a difference in the amount of dropped balls between mine and the JK version, since you build both please let me know :)  

Edited by Berthil

another fantastic module, while i wont be building this one, there are some really nice techniques in it.