9 hours ago, keymaker said:

I will prepare instructions and put them on rebrickable.com

Ok thanks.

This is awesome!

I wonder if a land rover green and grey color scheme would work with the parts available

Your MOC really shines : I already liked the Defender, but you have pushed the concept way further. Congrats!

I will be checking your Rebrickable space sometimes and maybe...

I guess I must not have been very clear before, but I was actually referring to physical strength (durability). What I have seen of your frame does look very robust, and it's climbing strength is also impressive! Good job!

3 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I was actually referring to physical strength (durability)

Ach ok... In that case, frame is pretty stiff, it doesn't bend when pushing it down at the middle and compressing suspension.

This is trully awesome job. I just purchased the instructions and the few parts i was missing. Although the different tyres options are really nice, due to budget cuts ( ;) ) i couldn't take the ones you used either in the instructions either in the photos. Do you have a possible -more common- alternative? In the past, when building @Madoca 1977's Avtoros, I used the Land Rover's (56907) with good results, so i guess they may work here as well, but your opinion would be obiusly much better than my guess ;). 

Congrats for this great piece! :)

@HectorMB thank you! About the tires, I understand you fully, that the default tires I used in standard version (52985) are quite expensive, because the were used only on one set so far :( But you can use tires shown in the video - like 61480, they are super cheap. And this is for setting when suspension is lowered. When you raise the suspension - you can basically use any tire up to 82 mm. So you can use 56907, it will fit, but it won't look so good, because the rim is bigger. I think, that the best cheap option is to use 45982. The are cheap, available and they look good:)

PS. With lowered suspension you can also use this tire 44771 - it fits and you will get this NFS Underground vibes :D

Edited by keymaker

Many thanks for the help and understanding! :)

Although the 45982 are in their way to their new home, we may have some new tyres coming with the new Mercedes Zetros. Nevertheless, Although there is a lot of dissertation about these, i think that with the elevated suspension, those tyres should do their job there and bring a even better looking! ;)

Edited by HectorMB

I would like to mention, that my UAZ was reviewed lately by Fernando from Hispalug. If you are interested to his independent opinion presented in extensive and indeep review, please check the LINK.

Ech... I am not the first, I won't be the last, unfortunately :(

It happened to me what had happened to many of other designers. I won't give you the links, I do not want to advertise such procedure. But as you probably already figured out, my UAZ is available on ali, without my permission. People responsible for this even contacted me and offered cooperation and benefits, but I wasn't interested in my creation being associated with low quality bricks which kill the whole fun of building and playing with the model. So I refused an offer and they put it on ali anyway.

Is there any at least mildly effective way to fight against this procedure?

9 minutes ago, keymaker said:

Is there any at least mildly effective way to fight against this procedure?

I believe no.

It is what it is: Things in the public domain will be the "prey" of others. And things in the public domain are even no "prey" at all; they are - in the public domain. >Legally< available to everyone.

I know: There will be comments on this. Sure. But folks, please take into consideration: "They" are far, far away, in a galaxy ... What amount of money do you want to spend to fight it through? How much time do you have to spare to do all that?

We can restart the whole thing again: Ethics, rules, IP, behavior, appreciation, legal stuff. Please don't. In the world we are living in today, with so many "companies" around - forget for a moment China - just >so many companies knowing to do top level injection molding< - and all wanting to make money - in what we call the "free market": DON'T put things you don't want to see treated in this way into the public domain. It was like that in the past, back then, pre-internet. It is now: >With< superfast, diverse distribution channels. The moment you post in a - let's say - a LEGO forum, the moment the interested world knows. And only some of these interested folks are believing in ... "private intellectual property" or ethics; they want to make money. And mostly don't care about legal stuff.

Over and out.

How about that: Either keep it to yourself, maybe build IP, try to do it on your own - there are ways to do it.

Your take: I don't want to waste my MOC using unacceptable quality bricks is fine. Don't go the unacceptable route, that is my advice. "They" do increasingly well - if not par. Sorry to say, but The Myth is currently vaporizing.

And how about that: Either go with them (make money) - or enjoy the appreciation (just that, be proud) that they selected your very model.

It is up to you.

With very best regards
Thorsten

@Toastie you are right that there is no point to back to this discussion. I am not the first, I won't be the last.

I would only say, that I know the brand of the bricks they use. And if they weren't thiefs in the past for other designers, I would consider cooperation (maybe), but because they were - no way. I do not work with scums.

PS I sent you a PW with small request if you do not mind.

Well, from a practical point of view, i could agree with you, @Toastie. Nevertheless, i also put other things into balance. Many people do things like this hampered in the fact that it's a "far, far away galaxy..." and the vast majority of the people won't do anything. So they continue. Indeed, is how a bully operates: prey on preys that have very little chance of resist.

once said that, I agree with you in the fact point of everyone has to evaluate, balance, and choose the battles to fight.

If some day I am in this situation, i most probably won't do anything. But I think is important to realize the consequences of our acts. By doing nothing we also contribute to this people doing their "busyness".  

But I have to insist: in some aspects, I agree with you, @Toastie. In the others, I keep my deepest respect :)