Hi,

I would like to present my newest MOC. It is off-roader with look based on UAZ 3151 and equipped with functions available in off-road game Snowrunner. Main functions and some details are listed below. If anybody is interested with some more technical detailes (and I believe there are people here, which are more focused on technical aspects of the MOC rather than the look), which are hard to show in short video, then I encourage you to scroll down, below photos. If not, then I believe that video and some photos should serve just fine. I also added short video to present couple of tests of Uaz frame and powertrain. Instructions will be available in the future :)

Details and main functions:

• scale 1:10,5
  • dimensions LxWxH: 38x16.5x18.5 cm
  • weight: 2.44 kg (without additions)
  • 4x4 drive (2xL motors)
  • steering with ackermann geometry (servo motor)
  • adjustable height of suspension for both axles (M motor)
  • lockable differentials on both axles (mechanism without pneumatic, secured with clutch, M motor)
  • live axle suspension, front and rear
  • working inline four piston engine with fan and detailed engine bay
  • lights: front, rear, roof - controlled by manual hidden switch
  • openable hood (with support rod), trunk, four doors
  • locks in all doors and trunk
  • working steering wheel with realistic number of turns and with adjustable position
  • easy removing the whole body
  • easy change to version with or without the roof
  • adjustable front seats - leaning and moving back and forward
  • split rear seats with folding backrest to increase trunk capacity
  • openable glove box
  • easy access to battery pack for replacement

Instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-75601/keymaker/off-roader-uaz-3151-aka-khan-39-marshall-4x4-rc/#details

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

More photos: https://bricksafe.com/pages/keymaker/7.-uaz-3151

Drive

I designed the drive to be balanced between speed and torque. Main idea was to make drivetrain strong and reliable. I used the strongest differentials, new reinforced CV joints and bevel gears whenever possible. What is more I tried to keep high speed – low torque rule as long as possible when designing the drive train. As the result, the biggest reduction is placed on axles – on differentials. Thanks to that and reinforced construction you will stall 2 L motor rather than hear some gear slipping.

Look

In case of look, I keep in mind to avoid blue pins whenever possible, keep nice, clean one colour chassis which can be seen underneath and focus on small details, both inside and outside. Also you will not see many holes in the body or ugly cables, despite the fact that there are  5 lego LEDs there. What is more, all lights, along with the switch are integrated into one piece removable body and can be easy removed only by disconnecting single cable.

Performance

The plan was to make it very capable when off roading. And it is, when you remove the body. The look and those many details and manual features, all related to the body come with obvious price – weight. UAZ weights 2435g in basic configuration, but only the body itself weights 855g. So if resign from features, which are related stricte to the body and replace the body with some light weight one, then you will get very capable machine. But even with the body, thanks to drive train design, off-road capabilies of UAZ are pritty decent, as showed on the video.

If you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask. And keep MOCing! :)

Edited by keymaker

I'm admiring of the level of the video edit - cool, interesting and technicaly filled!
This YAZ is better than the real rusty junk from the USSR

Really awesome work! Thank you putting in the time to make a video.

Gorgeous Jeep! :wub_drool:

I like the additions and I find that the snow tires are wonderful. :thumbup:

I also like how you positioned the infrared receivers, they look like the nozzle for diesel fuel.

The modular suspension is the icing on the cake as well as the running engine and the steering with the correct number of turns of the steering wheel. :excited:

Thank you all for kind words :)

14 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

and (I think, at least) strength!

The strength is there, but limited by the body (855g). I will prepare some short video to show what Uaz chassis (visible on video at 4:39) can do when putted against some steep slope.

Edited by keymaker

Impressive, it deserves to be fronpaged. It really is a piece of work, and on top of everything the presention with different tire types is something rarely seen, most likely inspired by the Spintires game (which I am also a fan of myself) just like the vehicle itself. The hardtop-open top conversion, bull guard, roof rack and snorkel are also great mods, it is obvious you did a lot of planning and designing to get to this stage.

Edited by kristl

5 minutes ago, kristl said:

most likely inspired by the Spintires game

Exactly. I'm a fan of Spintires -> Mudrunner -> Snowrunner and most of the features included in this MOC are based on options available in those off-road games.

Ok now this is cool (#eating waffles while reading this)  I love how you incorporated it the height adjustable suspension Since LEGO doesn’t have air suspension.   But over all very very cool job with it I was wondering if you where going to instructions for it?.

2 hours ago, Master p1 said:

if you where going to instructions for it?.

I will prepare instructions and put them on rebrickable.com

40 minutes ago, that_lego_builder said:

How many pieces did you use in this moc?

Didn't count. I will know for sure when finish digital model. But based on experience and the fact, that my Dozer Cat D10T had 2k parts I would say Uaz has 3k parts or more.