legolux1973

[MOC] 7754 Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Revisited

Hello to the community.

Here my (digital) redesign of the LEGO Star Wars Sets 7754 Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser from 2009.

It was my first Design / MOC in 2020 (January). You'll find some pictures below.

The holographic briefing room can be simply detached from the hangar, similar to the original (they're connected with pins). The A-Wing is a mix from the Sets 75175 (main structure), 75003 (the front) und 7754 (detachable engine). There're are however no flickrcanons or springshooters anymore. ;-) A friendly user draw attention to a huge bug I completly forgot to consider and to test: the A-Wing is probably too long (or large) to rotate completely 360 degrees. Shame on me. :-( The choice and design of the minifigures is very basic, I had to work with the parts that exist actually in Bricklink Studio. As usual I tried to avoid rare / expensive parts as much as possible, the old printed AT-AT Dish and (maybe) the long 32 Axle should be the only ones. This will avoid frustration for users when I change mind and decide however to create building instructions.

I hope you like the MOC.

50873808203_6a76269b37_z.jpg

Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser 7754 Revisited by legolux1973, on Flickr

50881311001_3e6f60ee9f_z.jpg

50880593688_7ac97475bb_z.jpg

50880593538_3d01aa3a1c_z.jpg

50880593313_2eced52fac_z.jpg

Regards,

legolux1973

Edited by legolux1973

Amazing take on this wonderful set! I love how smooth and modern the whole thing looks. You managed to greatly improve upon the build yet remain true to the original. 7754 is one of my favorite sets and I sure hope we get to see a remake of some kind. An updated Mon Mothma and Crix Madine are long overdue!

Came here expecting a Mon Cal Cruiser literal only to find its just a diorama of a slice of the inside of the ship.

I'd rename it a bit - just saying.

Also - great design. :)

21 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

Came here expecting a Mon Cal Cruiser literal only to find its just a diorama of a slice of the inside of the ship.

I'd rename it a bit - just saying.

Also - great design. :)

It's a redesign of the set 7754. It's named correctly.

Beautiful. Love the smooth edges on the border of the build, the symmetry and photo quality of it all is so satisfying. Great job on a clean and concise build. Would definitely buy if this was a real set

I have this set standing on my shelf, and it sure has its charm, but your rendition is just so smooth and elegant... besides, I love set redesigns, bringing a fresh, polished look to old classics.

This is a gorgeous MOC, you've updated the old set beautifully with some nice contrast between smooth tiled areas and fussy details. Falcrum put it well, fresh and polished. Awesome work and great presentation!

I love this MOC! I own the official set and your remake really upgrades the details. Like Falcrum said, your model is elegant in a way befitting the Mon Cal ships.

This is really wonderfully done, I really love the concept and the execution is flawless. I would probably get this if it were a real set. It also raises the question, "How many dated sets could be redone like this?" A lot of them are just ships which get constantly redone, so it would probably have to be something kind of out of the way, like this, the Endor set, or the old Hoth Sets from 2007, 2009, 2010, etc. Anyways, fantastic design.